Fractal-Bot 2.8.4 Released

When I want to backup an individual preset (no. 1) I get the following error:
upload_2017-11-18_16-28-48.png

This is the first time I have ever witnessed this error. The first thing I see is that Fractal-Bot wants to backup preset no 0 (I get the same error as above) which is strange because I have no preset no 0 and in the older versions of Fractal-Bot it always showed 1 as the default preset (as it should because I changed the display offset to 1), when I change it to no 1 it simply does not perform a backup. Everything works fine when you select no 2 and further up (I even checked no 384; it works fine).

It's of course no problem because there are other ways to perform a backup, but I just want to let you know.

My system:
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Fractal-Bot 2.8.4
  • Axe-Fx 2 original (firmware 9.02)
  • Bug: "Back up an individual preset" shows by default 0 and when selecting preset 0 or 1; see the above error.

I still can't get it to open in windows 10, and I have no idea what the problem is. The system is new and totally up to date. Axe Edit runs fine, but for the life of me I can't get Fractal-Bot to open.

I still can't get it to open in windows 10, and I have no idea what the problem is. The system is new and totally up to date. Axe Edit runs fine, but for the life of me I can't get Fractal-Bot to open.

Have you tried the following?
  • When you see the process in task-manager; kill it en try to start Fractal-Bot again.
  • Perform a complete uninstall of Fractal-Bot 2.8.4; then a fresh installation.
  • Is there a virus-scanner on your computer and could it be that it constantly is blocking Fractal-Bot?
  • What happens when you install an older version of Fractal-Bot (for example 2.8.2) on this particular Windows system after you uninstalled the current version?
  • Can you check "Event Viewer" and see what the output is of the (error) messages in the Windows Logs regarding Fractal-Bot?
  • Do you have (by any chance) a different computer/laptop with Windows 10 en what happens when you install 2.8.4 on this computer?
Perhaps there is somehow a process running in the background, which is blocking Fractal-Bot. I don't know. I am sure you already have been troubleshooting this. Perhaps the fastest way to get any answers is to check an older version of Fractal-Bot on your computer (to eliminate if this version has the same problems) and check against a different computer and see if it works. Does it work on the other computer; check what the differences are on this computer and yours (in terms of what programs are installed on one computer and what not).

Good luck!

Have you tried the following?
  • When you see the process in task-manager; kill it en try to start Fractal-Bot again.
  • Perform a complete uninstall of Fractal-Bot 2.8.4; then a fresh installation.
  • Is there a virus-scanner on your computer and could it be that it constantly is blocking Fractal-Bot?
  • What happens when you install an older version of Fractal-Bot (for example 2.8.2) on this particular Windows system after you uninstalled the current version?
  • Can you check "Event Viewer" and see what the output is of the (error) messages in the Windows Logs regarding Fractal-Bot?
  • Do you have (by any chance) a different computer/laptop with Windows 10 en what happens when you install 2.8.4 on this computer?
Perhaps there is somehow a process running in the background, which is blocking Fractal-Bot. I don't know. I am sure you already have been troubleshooting this. Perhaps the fastest way to get any answers is to check an older version of Fractal-Bot on your computer (to eliminate if this version has the same problems) and check against a different computer and see if it works. Does it work on the other computer; check what the differences are on this computer and yours (in terms of what programs are installed on one computer and what not).

Good luck!

Killed it and restarted more times than I can count. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Virus scanner isn't doing anything. Older versions won't open either. Nothing in the event viewer, and no, I don't have another machine with windows 10, but I know that other people with windows 10 aren't having this problem with it, which is why it's got me so baffled. I can't find any reason at all why this should be happening. I've done and looked at everything I could think of, and it just won't come up when I run it. It just sits in the task manager, and that's it. *shrug*

Killed it and restarted more times than I can count. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Virus scanner isn't doing anything. Older versions won't open either. Nothing in the event viewer, and no, I don't have another machine with windows 10, but I know that other people with windows 10 aren't having this problem with it, which is why it's got me so baffled. I can't find any reason at all why this should be happening. I've done and looked at everything I could think of, and it just won't come up when I run it. It just sits in the task manager, and that's it. *shrug*

If it helps any, I'm have the same issues but I am running it on a Mac.

If it helps any, I'm have the same issues but I am running it on a Mac.

That's really strange. Sorry you're having that problem as well. I'm able to upload the firmware with MIDI-Ox, but it's hella slow, even with the speed tweak. I really wish Fractal-Bot was working on my machine. *sigh*

That's really strange. Sorry you're having that problem as well. I'm able to upload the firmware with MIDI-Ox, but it's hella slow, even with the speed tweak. I really wish Fractal-Bot was working on my machine. *sigh*

I'm ready to go back to my Headrush Pedalboard at this point....

I'm ready to go back to my Headrush Pedalboard at this point....

As long as I have a way to get the firmware updated, I'm not too worried about it. I just wanna figure out what the hell's causing it so I can get it fixed already, because right now I'm at a total loss.

Ah............. bummer! I don't know how to help you any further. We both know that something (process? other program?) on your Win 10 system is blocking Fractal-Bot, because indeed Fractal-Bot is running on Win 10 smoothly. Do you have any "exotic" programs running on your system?

If you are having trouble getting the software to run, please open a support ticket. We can then walk through some steps to best determine the issue.

http://support.fractalaudio.com/

I got mine fixed by reloading the firmware, which was originally updated through the iOS FracPad app. Loaded via Mac and that fixed the issue.

Back
Top Bottom