Fractal Axe-Fx II sighting: Cirque du Soleil

bwanagary

Administrator
What’s up with that fire-breathing guitar?

Cirque du Soleil wanted these custom guitars that light up and shoot fire. Basically, we took the exact specs of my guitar of choice, the Kramer SM1, and Jim Poisson of Advanced Guitar in Las Vegas built the crazy shapes. My guitar sounds are from an off-stage Fractal Axe-Fx II, and I use in-ear monitors. The guitars are wireless, and the show is done to timecode. All the channel and effects switching are MIDI controlled to match the songs.

See the full article here: Showtime With Cirque du Soleil

My show is down the street from hers at Planet Hollywood, it's called Recycled Percussion and all my guitar sounds are also from an Axe Fx II. They're all over Vegas for sure!

Another cool tidbit:
"Once we got into the theater in Vegas, Greg Howe—who worked with Michael—helped me dial in the guitar tones even more. It was great to have Greg’s ears to help me."

I forgot Greg uses an Axe-FX. The guy's a monster. I wish I were so lucky! :p

He used to be in our cruise ship cast, I love Chris he's a good guy

Yeah. He's great. He was one of the drummers in s corporate band I gig with when he was in LA. Great dude. He spoke highly of the guitarists in recycled whenever he came back to visit and was the best man in a close friend's wedding (we played at).

Great dude.

Back
Top Bottom