FS Fractal AX8

Rellstar

Hello,
I am selling my like new Fractal FX8 with MonoM80 bag. It is in perfect working condition, no blemish. Comes with a mono m80 gig bag and moog exp pedal.

I am asking $600 OBO shipped. Contact me via PM if interested.

Attachments

• IMG7544 (2).jpg
    IMG7544 (2).jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG7544 (3).jpg
    IMG7544 (3).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG7544 (4).jpg
    IMG7544 (4).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG7544 (1).jpg
    IMG7544 (1).jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 55
ATTENTION - to all FA forum users interested in this post ....I told to "seller" of this AX8 that I wanted to buy it and he asked me to send money by unprotected way like Postal money order , ok , but I told him that I only I m interested in a covered payment way like Regular Paypal with fee to seller but I will add to payment and pay him all that Paypal fee ...
So he wouldn't loose any single dollar with the transaction... and he answered me that if he agree Paypal would be ONLY using Paypal as a family/friends payment?
Why only could agree that if I m telling him that I will charge with all the fee in the Regular Paypal payment? SO WEIRD
I don't want to point fingers to anyone but I think is my duty to write this post here and warn FA users about it ....
be carefull with this post ....SCAM ALERT .....

Paypal would be ONLY using Paypal as a family/friends payment?
To be -extremely- charitable, lots of people are moving to Paypal F&F due to the new tax situation. I myself am no longer doing Paypal with fees on any transactions. But I agree that a new forum poster and asking for money order first, sketchy.

To be -extremely- charitable, lots of people are moving to Paypal F&F due to the new tax situation. I myself am no longer doing Paypal with fees on any transactions. But I agree that a new forum poster and asking for money order first, sketchy.
Thanks for enlightening this ignorant folks. Whenever, there is a disagreement on payment methods then does that automatically mean it is a scam? Postal money order is not sketchy, is it not a payment method? If you don't agreement then go buy somewhere else. LIFE IS EASY.

I AM NOT FORCING ANYONE TO BUY. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CONTACT ME.

ATTENTION - to all FA forum users interested in this post ....I told to "seller" of this AX8 that I wanted to buy it and he asked me to send money by unprotected way like Postal money order , ok , but I told him that I only I m interested in a covered payment way like Regular Paypal with fee to seller but I will add to payment and pay him all that Paypal fee ...
So he wouldn't loose any single dollar with the transaction... and he answered me that if he agree Paypal would be ONLY using Paypal as a family/friends payment?
Why only could agree that if I m telling him that I will charge with all the fee in the Regular Paypal payment? SO WEIRD
I don't want to point fingers to anyone but I think is my duty to write this post here and warn FA users about it ....
be carefull with this post ....SCAM ALERT .....
YOU ARE ONLY SHITTING YOURSELF. YOU ARE ACTING EMOTIONAL BECAUSE YOU WERE SCAMMED BEFORE LIKE YOU TOLD ME. GO BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE, T FOR THANKS.

YOU ARE ONLY SHITTING YOURSELF. YOU ARE ACTING EMOTIONAL BECAUSE YOU WERE SCAMMED BEFORE LIKE YOU TOLD ME. GO BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE, T FOR THANKS.
Bla bla bla.... Bullshit... Is not the fact that you wanted to use unprotected payment... You are free obviously to choice whatever you want if the buyer agree it... Is the fact that I told you I was able to charge with all the fee that PayPal would charge to you, so you will not loose any single dollar using regular PayPal payment... And you don't agree it and want to use Family/ friends unprotected payment anyway? What's the excuse to explain such nonsense?

Every single transaction I've made through this forum has been via paypal or some other secure form of payment. If you wanted me or any other established member of this forum to pay you via check, money order, western union, etc. I would expect for you to provide a lot of documentation (pictures, videos, facetime calls, etc.) of this item being shipped to ensure I'm not going to receive a brick. Once the item is actually shipped and I'm able to track it, then I will send you money via whatever means you desire.

Yeah, never do business with someone asking you to give up any protection you have just so they can save a few bucks.

So tired of seeing it.

And your awesome responses enforce that this is likely a scam....or at least, I'd never buy from you.

Anybody who buys a product online without using Paypal Goods & Services or a Credit Card (which has fraud protection), may as well take your money and light it on fire. Maybe the fire goes out before burning your money....or maybe it does burn your money. It's 50/50. Same chance you have of actually receiving this AX8 after paying for it using Paypal F&F.

And @Rellstar - you may want to actually call it the right product name. Not a FX8.

Once the item is actually shipped and I'm able to track it, then I will send you money via whatever means you desire.
I'm going to be overly cynical here and say - I would not do that. Tracking means nothing. Video chats mean nothing.
Real people with real faces scam people every day. You could easily get a box of rocks from somebody chatting with you via a burner phone on a fake account.

I buy/sell lots of motorcycle parts and I've seen scams of every sort.
Yesterday a woman messaged me on FB (of course a pic of her and her kid, so she looks like a responsible Mom), she wanted to buy some saddle bags and said she would pay in advance if I'd hold them. I said sure. She said she'd pay via Zelle (red flag #1)....I said nope. I said PayPal Goods and Services, that is the only way (which means I lose some money). She said ok and said she paid me. Check PayPal account...nothing. I message her back, she says - check your spam email (red flag #2). I already know at this point it's a scam. I check my spam folder, sure enough there is a 'you have money waiting, but paypal can't apply it until you log in and fix something with your account'. And of course the link to paypal is some random website which (if I had clicked on it) was probably a PayPal login replica, and as soon as I enter my UName and Pword, they have a bot that goes to the real PayPal, logs in as me (which wouldn't work because I have 2FA), but if it did work, they'd then change the UName and Pword and lock me out....then see what kind of funds they could drain from me.

Every day, all day....scams scams scams.

NEVER USE ANY PAYMENT METHOD THAT DOES NOT HAVE FULL PROTECTION.

/rant

I'm going to be overly cynical here and say - I would not do that. Tracking means nothing. Video chats mean nothing.
Real people with real faces scam people every day. You could easily get a box of rocks from somebody chatting with you via a burner phone on a fake account.

I buy/sell lots of motorcycle parts and I've seen scams of every sort.
Yesterday a woman messaged me on FB (of course a pic of her and her kid, so she looks like a responsible Mom), she wanted to buy some saddle bags and said she would pay in advance if I'd hold them. I said sure. She said she'd pay via Zelle (red flag #1)....I said nope. I said PayPal Goods and Services, that is the only way (which means I lose some money). She said ok and said she paid me. Check PayPal account...nothing. I message her back, she says - check your spam email (red flag #2). I already know at this point it's a scam. I check my spam folder, sure enough there is a 'you have money waiting, but paypal can't apply it until you log in and fix something with your account'. And of course the link to paypal is some random website which (if I had clicked on it) was probably a PayPal login replica, and as soon as I enter my UName and Pword, they have a bot that goes to the real PayPal, logs in as me (which wouldn't work because I have 2FA), but if it did work, they'd then change the UName and Pword and lock me out....then see what kind of funds they could drain from me.

Every day, all day....scams scams scams.

NEVER USE ANY PAYMENT METHOD THAT DOES NOT HAVE FULL PROTECTION.

/rant
Great example and explanation of one of many scams and how they are executed. Thanks for sharing!

To be honest, using PayPal with buyers protection puts the seller in a position where he could lose money because the buyer can simply pretend he received nothing and PayPal is not going to be of any help to resolve the issue.

To be honest, using PayPal with buyers protection puts the seller in a position where he could lose money because the buyer can simply pretend he received nothing and PayPal is not going to be of any help to resolve the issue.
I have seen this happen too many times.

Also, the PayPal with buyers protection can be manipulated so that a buyer can do a "Buy then try then return" where the buyer can just say there was something wrong with it or it was damaged when they received it or it didn't come as advertised, etc .......

I have seen this happen too many times as well.

I have been donating things more often to the local high school battle of the bands winners or giving them to friends who don't have much money since selling stuff online seems to be more of a hassle/gamble these days.

I know this is an old post but this guy/gal purchased a Fractal device from me while I lived in Europe, not only did I give him an awesome deal, but also paid an arm/leg for shipping to them. I lost a lot of money on the deal. Then they filed a claim saying I scammed them, and paypal held my money for several months until I was finally able to get the shipper to verify the weight of the box, as well as that it was actually delivered. It took forever to get my money back. Recently I listed some items on here, and included my location as well as phone number. I've made several sales on here as well as facebook marketplace over the years, and NEVER had an issue until this. Glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with this person. Hopefully noone busy/sells from them.

I know this is an old post but this guy/gal purchased a Fractal device from me while I lived in Europe, not only did I give him an awesome deal, but also paid an arm/leg for shipping to them. I lost a lot of money on the deal. Then they filed a claim saying I scammed them, and paypal held my money for several months until I was finally able to get the shipper to verify the weight of the box, as well as that it was actually delivered. It took forever to get my money back. Recently I listed some items on here, and included my location as well as phone number. I've made several sales on here as well as facebook marketplace over the years, and NEVER had an issue until this. Glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with this person. Hopefully noone busy/sells from them.
And there it is! If it smells like a scam...it's a scam.
You always always always have to protect yourself.

Sorry this happened to you mtripp. Maybe tell an admin so they can delete this person's account.

Back
Top Bottom