Fractal AX8 with Line 6 Power cab 112

Hi Guys,
Looking for some feedback i am waiting to get my AX8 in the next few days, i was just wondering if anyone has used the Line 6 Power cab 112 (Not the 112 plus) with the fractal AX8 and does it sound good, or will i need to get some decent studio monitors instead. Also what is the best cable for connecting your Fractal to Power Cab or Monitor ? Thanks in advance guys and hope you don't mind if i start asking loads of questions when i get my hands on the unit really looking forward to playing with all the sounds

Hi, welcome to the club! The AX8 still holds to its own, i love the form factor.

I'd say you are asking about two different use cases. A powered cab is great for playing out live or for band rehearsals. I have an active Matrix Q12a. We have a loud drummer but I never even push it to 50%. I set my AX8 to mono and connect it with a simple but decent XLR Cable.

In the home studio, the AX8 goes into my mixer and then to my small Adam T5V studio monitors. Also plenty of volume in a 3m by 4m room.

Your mileage may vary of course..

Hi, welcome to the club! The AX8 still holds to its own, i love the form factor.

I'd say you are asking about two different use cases. A powered cab is great for playing out live or for band rehearsals. I have an active Matrix Q12a. We have a loud drummer but I never even push it to 50%. I set my AX8 to mono and connect it with a simple but decent XLR Cable.

In the home studio, the AX8 goes into my mixer and then to my small Adam T5V studio monitors. Also plenty of volume in a 3m by 4m room.

Your mileage may vary of course..
Hi Mate thanks for the info, i was only asking because i have a Line 6 Power Cab at home so just need a decent XLR cable

Back
Top Bottom