Fractal Audio welcomes John Petrucci

Hi Dutch! Thank you very much for the tip :)

I hope that all people reading this will take a good note of what could happen.Don’t forget to give frequent rest to your hands! No matter how young and strong you are feeling now.

BTW: I remember a video of John Petrucci I saw long time ago, where he was talking about the importance of properly exercising the hands without stress.

Jed said:
Brick_top said:
I'm now starting to wonder what will this mean for the future of fractal. What is cliffs goal? Will fractal become a big corporation and cliff will not be able to control it?

I hope everyone at Fractal becomes stupid rich. Then maybe Cliff can take a weekend off from all the mayhem. I don't think Cliff or Tom or anyone is ready to ease up now that their exposure is really starting to take off. I hadn't seen the Fractal website in a long while - very nice job!

It's a good time to be an early adopter (not sure I'm even worthy of the title having only bought-in in '08). It sure feel good just the same. Congrat's to all. Of course, we knew all along what the rest of the world is just now finding out about. tee hee :D

cheers,

Yeah I hope they can have all the success they want, I just wouldn't like another line6

HUGE congrats to Cliff and Fractal for their hard work!

:mrgreen: Now I'm even more excited to get my Axe Ultra... I'm getting it sometime within this month!! :mrgreen:

Piing said:
BTW: I remember a video of John Petrucci I saw long time ago, where he was talking about the importance of properly exercising the hands without stress.

Yes. He consumes small mammals as they are "good for the hands."

jazzgtrl4 said:
I thought the same thing, matter of time before Petrucci hoped on board. Could you imagine him going from his huge racks of gear behind him to one or two axe-fx..

Yeah right, his poor roadies are going to be out of work :shock: .

That's great, congrats FA, a very fine addition.

What a great news indeed! Congrats guys!

Being a huge DT fan for almost twenty years, I believe John is the most valuable asset. Well done!

There is a guy in a forum saying that petrucci only uses the axe for warming up and to do workshops, not for playing live or recording.

How is he using it?

Brick_top said:
There is a guy in a forum saying that petrucci only uses the axe for warming up and to do workshops, not for playing live or recording.

How is he using it?
This is not accurate. I'd be interested to know where you read that. Obviously, the person your referring to has no inside knowledge.

John is increasingly using his Ultra in a variety of ways. For one example, here is a link to a post on the Petrucci forums where his tech, Maddi, explains how it's incorporated into the rig that he recently used on tour: http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=68428

-TK

sorry for the offtopic.. but the guy is now saying that the TC2290 is one of the best delays ever (no argue there) but he is implying that I was told john is using the axe only because it is a fractal forum. and that in the TC electronics forum I would be told that he is not. and the guy is laughting about it.

I probably shouldn't bother about this

Brick_top said:
sorry for the offtopic.. but the guy is now saying that the TC2290 is one of the best delays ever (no argue there) but he is implying that I was told john is using the axe only because it is a fractal forum. and that in the TC electronics forum I would be told that he is not. and the guy is laughting about it.

I probably shouldn't bother about this
I think Maddi's post at the Petrucci forum (not the Fractal forum) says it all.

@ Marshall amp -

There are probably a few reasons why this is slightly different here...

1) Fractal is a small boutique manufacturer, and having these types of big names on board with their products is a valuable thing...but in reality, many large manufacturers do the same thing when big names are found to be using their products...examples abound

2) the issue here runs to the core of a longstanding passionate debate about the capabilities and desirability of digital modeling units versus analog tube amps...a musicians "sound/tone" is his or her "soul/essence". When major proponents of amazing tone decide to alter their perspective in this area - such as replacing (or partially replacing) analog tube gear with digital modeling, then it really is news, and goes to the heart of this passionate debate, and to the essence of the musician...it's almost like a friend having a sex change operation...you can't really ignore it, and it becomes a legitimate topic of conversation - and potentially consternation! :lol:

Lunch in Petaluma, CA:

I'm not sure I like JP with that Axe thing -or whatever it's called in his rack.

- Mmm.

What's the endorsement agreement say?

- It's solid, relax.

Do you think anyone would think he is ... you know ...?

- Nothing can touch the V.

What if he forgot to flip the standby switch during a show?

- Crap ...

Comparing it to Boss and Line 6 audiences is like comparing "Synergy Kombucha Tea" to "Snapple". Yea a small company gets damn excited when a huge pro act starts using their gear, is that really so strange. And yea we're a cult, so send in your blood sample please. Kidding. But seriously, send the blood… it's the key component to the top secret processor. :twisted:

Marshall amp said:
I come in here from time to time to hear if anyone is putting up new and interesting sound clips and I've gotta say--looking from the outside---that you guys dont really understand what a cult mentality you have. I almost feel sorry for some of you.

Although I say that in an adorable kind of way, I wonder if you really are secure in your beliefs if you need to have a little parade when someone uses an AXE. Almost every company can claim some part of a Pro's rig and I dont see their users jumping for joy with quotes like "now, maybe the naysayers will calm down". Or welcome in the fold. The fold? So does Boss have fold for all their effects? Is Metallica in the Line6 effect fold?

This strikes me, and Im sure everyone else outside, as people who are insecure and need validation from someone of high regard. Its actually kind of creepy guys. I visit a lot of forums to hear guitarists playing and I only get this feeling reading posts here. Im not saying this to hurt anyone--Im just doing what I would do if my brother was wearing kneehigh socks and plaid shorts--I'd say, "dude..you dont know what you look like". Be a man for crying out loud :roll:

I looked at your other post. You clearly have quite the chip on your shoulder about digital modeling picking up on the downfalls of analog technology, and especially improving on its strengths. You seem just a tad closed-minded, to say the least (note that we don't say that tube amps suck or are "inferior technology.")

Some would have a very particular word to describe your posting style on these forums to date. I'll let you take a guess at what it is. Maybe you don't care (and I'm sure that is the case), but if your intent to come on here and downplay us as a whole for enjoying the product these forums are largely based off of and making observations and comparisons, you won't really get too far in that pursuit.

Back
Top Bottom