Fractal Audio welcomes John Petrucci

Sounds like he's on to us with this cult thing!

1. I'd like to know which one of us told him about our secret handshake?

2. He won't have to worry about us once the mother ship that will be hiding behind the next great comet
comes to take us home.

Xrocker said:
Sounds like he's on to us with this cult thing!

1. I'd like to know which one of us told him about our secret handshake?

2. He won't have to worry about us once the mother ship that will be hiding behind the next great comet
comes to take us home.
Yeah - I'm still having trouble with the 'Spock spread-finger V'....very embarrassing! :cool:

@Radley

RE: ...I was originally accused (by some) of being a troll when I joined this board,...

I remember your rocky entrance to this forum...they didn't make it easy for you...a good protion of that seemed to be related to some fizz reducing contraption you were known for...FWIW, I thought you were a reasonable guy :) Glad you stuck it out!

xrist04 said:
dk_ace said:
Wasn't this thread about John Petrucci officially using the Axe-FX now? :?

D
Oh, that was so five posts ago.
You're killin' me, babe! :lol: :shock: :lol:
Truly, it's a huge testament to Fractal that players the caliber of John P. are using the AFX - 'quality chooses quality'! ;)

Piing said:
gittarzann said:
Now there is someone I haven't seen around for quite some time !!
I thought maybe you gave up on the Axe.

Hi Gittarzann!

It's been inside a box for a long time, due to lack of time and room to play (plus lots of mouse-hand-pain). I think I'm going to sell it here (and make some Thai guitarist very happy), and I'll buy another when I return to Europe, if I ever recover from the pain on the hand (I can't quit from the mouse).

Cheers!!

I had the same problem. I solved it by switching to the left hand when using the mouse. It was pretty bad -- I couldn't sleep at night, and I've tried trackballs, trackpads, etc. Nothing helped. Once I switched to mousing with my left hand, the pain was gone within three days.

I saw JP in atlanta a few years ago with Satriani and Paul Gilbert. All great players, really great, but imho Jp had the tone that night. Simply incredible. This guy can play whatever he wants (music and gear). He has chosen the axe fx in the four cable method indicating that in his opinion, this unit is is the best (i'm sure he wouldn't use anything but the best). So at the very least the axe has world class effects. Couple that with the fact that other great players are using the full unit, amp sims + cab's going frfr and you simply have to admit that the axe is a world class tone tool. It compares very favorably with a marshall...or a fender, or a vox, or...well, everything else that the box models - for 2 grand. Yeh, I don't see how you cannot be a fanboy. That world class players, such as JP, DZ, and so many more have opted for this unit really is a big deal. It is only a matter of time before this technology makes tube equipment obsolete...yeh, I said it. Not a cultist, just stating the facts. Congrats to Fractal Audio and Cliff, you have created a steller product.

There are so many guys on the Boogie board buying Mesa Boogies looking for the JP tone. If he switched completely to the AXE, those guys will be heart-broken. :lol:

phisk said:
sickindian said:
Did John wrote anything to Us yet? Or im missing something?

No, you did not miss anything. John is a happy user. Using the Axe FX as a multi effect only, like Vai.

More info on how they exactly use it:

http://www.vai.com/News/index.html
http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=68428

Thanks for the Info!

emperor_black said:
There are so many guys on the Boogie board buying Mesa Boogies looking for the JP tone. If he switched completely to the AXE, those guys will be heart-broken.

I still got my Mark IV and thinking if I really want to sell it?? Its a great amp but its just an amp that you cant really change to sound much different but its 20 years since it came out and its still recognizable so i think thats a good sign anyway Cliff likes mesa so are we :)

sickindian said:
I still got my Mark IV and thinking if I really want to sell it?? Its a great amp but its just an amp that you cant really change to sound much different but its 20 years since it came out and its still recognizable so i think thats a good sign anyway Cliff likes mesa so are we :)

Me too. I have my Mark IV still. But I do want to sell it. With the AXE around, I know I'm never going to turn it on. Just the mere thought of patch cables, adapters, noise gates gives me creeps. The AXE has really spoilt me. :lol: I used to love lugging around a pedal board. Now I'm bored of that concept.

phisk said:
No, you did not miss anything. John is a happy user. Using the Axe FX as a multi effect only, like Vai.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They might. The photo of Vai's studio it didn't really look like the Axe was in the loop of some amp...

They are going to say they will only use the effects if even just because they both have strong agreements with well known amplifier brands that in Steve's case even bears his name. They are not going to tell anyone otherwise because those brands. And good for them! Loyalty would be admirable as well as common sense and they deserve the kickbacks. They both have sold mountains of gear for their endorsements.

Doesn't really matter, I love my Axe's amp models anyway.

Extremely high praise coming from John Petrucci, if anyone understand's guitar tone then it is definitely this guy (well Steve Vai to :mrgreen: ), i would imagine that the Axe-fx got put through it's pace's well and proper with both of these fella's playing out on one, it's good for Fractal Audio to have these guy's behind them and im sure it won't hurt the sale's of the Axe-fx :D .
Infact strangely enough i actually ordered the Axe-Ultra when i saw John and Steve's comment's on the unit, i had been thinking about it for while but i wasn't sure i really needed one with already owning two amp head's, however these guy's for me are probably the finest guitarist's out there atm, if they say this thing amaze's them then who am i not to take there good advice on board :lol: .

So was checking to see if DT was coming back to North America for another leg and found that it wasn't going to happen. Then was crushed to see Mike left the band >.< Then found JP joined twitter and he posted this. "Working on solo album tunes. Axe-FX into Logic sounds amazing!" Just a fyi.

Phil

IndyPhil said:
So was checking to see if DT was coming back to North America for another leg and found that it wasn't going to happen. Then was crushed to see Mike left the band >.< Then found JP joined twitter and he posted this. "Working on solo album tunes. Axe-FX into Logic sounds amazing!" Just a fyi.

Phil

MIKE JUST LEFT THE BAND???

WHAT THE??? Wow... He kind of IS Dream Theater in a lot of ways.

Glad to hear JP is working on solo material :)

JP once twittered that he was using the Axe for the amp sims in his DAW. Something about how "awesome" it sounded in Logic I believe.

Back
Top Bottom