Fractal Audio welcomes John Petrucci

Marshall amp said:
I come in here from time to time to hear if anyone is putting up new and interesting sound clips and I've gotta say--looking from the outside---that you guys dont really understand what a cult mentality you have. I almost feel sorry for some of you.

Although I say that in an adorable kind of way, I wonder if you really are secure in your beliefs if you need to have a little parade when someone uses an AXE. Almost every company can claim some part of a Pro's rig and I dont see their users jumping for joy with quotes like "now, maybe the naysayers will calm down". Or welcome in the fold. The fold? So does Boss have fold for all their effects? Is Metallica in the Line6 effect fold?

This strikes me, and Im sure everyone else outside, as people who are insecure and need validation from someone of high regard. Its actually kind of creepy guys. I visit a lot of forums to hear guitarists playing and I only get this feeling reading posts here. Im not saying this to hurt anyone--Im just doing what I would do if my brother was wearing kneehigh socks and plaid shorts--I'd say, "dude..you dont know what you look like". Be a man for crying out loud :roll:

Yes Boss does:
http://www.bossus.com/boss_users_group/ ... ParentId=3

Yes Line 6 does:
http://line6.com/artists/

Marshall? yep,
http://www.marshallamps.com/artists/int ... erview.asp

The Welcome to the fold posts are just an extension of artists that have been added to the fractal audio artist page
http://www.fractalaudio.com/artist.html

The original poster is part of Fractal Audio.

Fractal Audio started a few years back as one person, Cliff Chase. He has made tremendous progress to go from nothing to the company he has today. Many people here have watched that growth and are very happy for Cliff and his company. It is not surprising.

To your comment:
"Im just doing what I would do if my brother was wearing kneehigh socks and plaid shorts--I'd say, "dude..you dont know what you look like". Be a man for crying out loud"

there is a big difference. You presumably have a long standing relationship with your brother and have developed a rapport with him.

You do not have that here. So it is more like a stranger coming up to you and telling you that your praise of a good friend is creepy. It probably wouldn't go over well not matter what the strangers intentions are.

But whatever; if that stuff is important to you, you are free to feel how you wish.

I've got your cult mentality right here!

freston.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

randocaster said:

freston.jpg

Randocaster I want that on a t-shirt....It's time for the FAS wearables and that's a prime candidate.

Brilliantly hilarious.

Three things:

1) John Petrucci with an Axe-FX. Whoo hoo!! Go Cliff!

2) Marshall amp has 2 posts. I've seen this one only. He's a troll with a wrong line of thinking.

3) Randocaster, you are now my new best friend. Hilarious.

Marshall amp said:
I come in here from time to time to hear if anyone is putting up new and interesting sound clips and I've gotta say--looking from the outside---that you guys dont really understand what a cult mentality you have. I almost feel sorry for some of you.

Hi Marshall Amp. If read some of the early posts at the old forum maybe you will get the feeling of what the Axe-Fx represents for some of us.

http://www.setbb.com/axefx/

Like many other people, my purchase of the Axe-FX was totaly blind. Fractal Audio was an unknown brand and it was impossible to try the Axe-FX in advance, but I was so impressed with the comments of the members of the cult that I decided to sign in.

I am very sorry to say that since that moment I 've never needed heavy weighted old-fashioned guitar amplifiers again No matter what people says :twisted:

BTW: never trust a sound clip.

Cheers

i actually dont get the big hoopla at all when an artist uses the axe-fx. Personally i don't need validation by any of them to tell me i like what im playing.
~mx~

Marshall amp said:

Although I say that in an adorable kind of way, I wonder if you really are secure in your beliefs if you need to have a little parade when someone uses an AXE. Almost every company can claim some part of a Pro's rig and I dont see their users jumping for joy with quotes like "now, maybe the naysayers will calm down". Or welcome in the fold. The fold? So does Boss have fold for all their effects? Is Metallica in the Line6 effect fold?

This strikes me, and Im sure everyone else outside, as people who are insecure and need validation from someone of high regard. Its actually kind of creepy guys. I visit a lot of forums to hear guitarists playing and I only get this feeling reading posts here. Im not saying this to hurt anyone--Im just doing what I would do if my brother was wearing kneehigh socks and plaid shorts--I'd say, "dude..you dont know what you look like". Be a man for crying out loud :roll:
This is the second set of Marshall clips I have heard. I am interested because I'd like a backup for my amps.

But I have to say it sounds solid state. Both sets of clips I heard are extremely stiff and hard. Plexis are not stiff in any way. They dip when you play them if anything. Are you guys dialing out the poweramp or something? Is there anywhere I can hear an untweaked Plexi or is this representative?

About the better than the real thing comment. My guess is that with the amps I have heard that people like some kind of distortion block in front to bring out hardness and some setting(unless its default) to kill the sag. Thats not better than real. Thats just not a plexi sound. If its better to you then its better but its not better than a real plexi because by definition a Plexi makes the sound it makes(I cant believe Im even typing this) --but that kind of thinking has to fail the logic taste test.

Anyway, Listen to Mistreated Live and you will hear Blackmores sound almost coming apart as the components cant handle what its being fed. Are there any clips like that? I'll check back..Im excited but a little let down so far

this guy has two posts and ones about how we are just a cult who needs validation for our purchase, and another one about how the axe is solid state, stiff, hard, and can never sound like a real amp. Literally registered on a forum to tell a community he's not a part of how awful it is and judge a product he doesn't own. A troll would think this guy was a troll.

I think he presents a valid opinion. I absolutely felt the same way when i first came here. This place absolutely felt like some weird cult.
In the forums defense however, if you go to the boogie boards you get a similar feel.
Every board has its fan boys.

I say just because someone presents a dissenting opinion is no reason to call them a troll.

Does the guy need to come in here and praise the axe-fx 20 times first as some sort sacrement to the axe-fx gods?
That is bull.

Now one thing is obvious though. The guy needs to tweak one to his taste in person.He definitely seems under informed, rather than a troll.
~mx~

kfliegner said:
randocaster said:

freston.jpg

Randocaster I want that on a t-shirt....It's time for the FAS wearables and that's a prime candidate.

Brilliantly hilarious.

+1 :lol: Love it!!!

Yeah, perhaps calling him a troll (whatever that actually means) was a bit too much, hard to tell...
But then, he came to this forum which IS under FAS website and he posted twice
without even saying "hi" which is pretty polite thing to do, even with 100 posts behind.
Post were, well, based on some clips he heard.
@Marshall amp, Piing is absolutely right, never trust a sound clip,
try it for yourself cause AxeFx is not like other modelers, you can feel it too.

I ignore both the fanboys and the trolls. There is a ton of real value in the knowledge represented by the majority of forum members here.

I'm grateful to those people who've shared their secrets, and in return I hope I've been able to make a few small contributions of my own.

marvinx said:
i actually dont get the big hoopla at all when an artist uses the axe-fx. Personally i don't need validation by any of them to tell me i like what im playing.
~mx~

Personally I think it's a lot of fun to see what appears to be fractal having another victory because I feel I have been sold a great product. And I love it when something is very good and gets recognized for it.

I don't know if validation is the right word. The axe is not going to sound better to me because some famous artist starts using it. I'm pretty sure the axe sounds good to me :D . But it is fun in someway that someone I admire starts using the same product as I do.

marvinx said:
I say just because someone presents a dissenting opinion is no reason to call them a troll.

I would say he is just longing for a good long "argument" or (fight) :D , he probably has a lot to say.

But anyway the tone of his post is just asking for someone to call him that.

Does the guy need to come in here and praise the axe-fx 20 times first as some sort sacrement to the axe-fx gods?
That is bull.

sure that would be bull.
But him coming here rolling his eyes and trying to call the users of the forum some kind of creepy insecure cult is asking for some negative posts to pop up

Looks like he has got some insecurities aswell. They seem to show when he says he is sure everyone from the "outside" feels the same.

Marshall amp said:

To me the above is the definiton of "troll"ing.

The guy comes in, makes a lot of negative comments and leaves. He has nothing constructive to say whatsover and just stirs up sh#t and wastes forum resources. If that's not "troll"ing I don't know what is.

As for pro's using the common gear available to the common man, well, wake up buddy!, every gear manufacturer in the world uses pro's to sell thier gear. That's the game that's played. If you tell me that when the best guitarists take to using the same gear you use, it's not giving you some sort of validation in terms of where you have put your resrouces, then I think your feeding me a line of bull.

I'm not partial to the fanboy stuff that much either, but it exists because the product is well in the lead of everything else out there in modelling land. Other products also have the fanboy effect as well (someone mentioned the mesa B board) - it's not unique to this site, it's general to sites of products that are at the leading edge. This one is. I'm not doing a dance over it. It just is.

Sorry for the rant.

So does this mean when Jordan Rudess makes his keyboard sound like a guitar for a solo John can now try to make his guitar sound like a keyboard and out do him?

:D Can't wait to see how he uses the Axe

marvinx said:
I think he presents a valid opinion. I absolutely felt the same way when i first came here. This place absolutely felt like some weird cult.
In the forums defense however, if you go to the boogie boards you get a similar feel.
Every board has its fan boys.

~mx~
I got the same feeling when I first came here. Almost a 'religious fervor that one must subscribe to' or you become 'suspect' on some level. This is unfortunate because it does not promote the most open & honest discussion of the product. I was originally accused (by some) of being a troll when I joined this board, but I have proven to be a serious user who promotes the AFX on every board I post on - this is not the same thing as saying I believe the product is the absolute equivalent (or more so) of all those great tube amps & cabs. A sense of humility & decorum is always in good taste, and why not here?

Back
Top Bottom