Fractal Audio thanked in the liner notes of Satriani's latest cd

KenH

Inspired
I know it was already pointed out that the AxeFx II was in the studio with Joe. Thought that was kind of cool they get a shout out in his latest cd notes.

Been enjoying this disc... not sure exactly how it compares to his more recent work though, so not sure if this is a change in direction, etc.

Cool. I downloaded the CD from iTunes... no liner to look at. Man, I really miss album jackets. Now, I miss having a CD liner. Never thought I would see the day when I didn't have something to stare at while listening to the tunes. You have no idea how long I studied the Van Halen Fair Warning album jacket while listening to "Mean Street".

I never buy anything from iTunes. I can't stand the loss of fidelity on the compressed files. I guess that's what most people are doing now though. I still like to hit the music shop (Waterloo Records here in Austin- great shop for more than one or two reasons) to buy CDs.

I never buy anything from iTunes. I can't stand the loss of fidelity on the compressed files. I guess that's what most people are doing now though. I still like to hit the music shop (Waterloo Records here in Austin- great shop for more than one or two reasons) to buy CDs.

You can download in Apple lossless format for no loss in fidelity.

If you are listening to your CDs via any MP3, player the signal will be compressed anyway.

Been enjoying this disc... not sure exactly how it compares to his more recent work though, so not sure if this is a change in direction, etc.

I don't know. I really didn't like this record. I gave it a 2 star review on Amazon. I just didn't FEEL it. I was very disappointed.

His crowning achievement was his self titled record "Satriani". It grooves like nothing before and certainly nothing after. Check it out if you haven't.

The only two tunes I enjoy from the album are "I'll Put a Stone On your Cairn" and "Jumpin' Out". Love what he does in the second part of "Jumpin' Out" in particular, very tasty stuff. The rest of the album is pretty generic and below par for Joe, IMO.

Didn't know they bumped above 320- that's good. Although I like not being limited by Apple's format. Thanks for the heads up on that though.

It's not "Apple format". They open sourced it a couple of years ago, and decoders exist for Apple Lossless. AAC is not an Apple format either. It's a standard, just like MP3.

look at all the new guitarists who copied joe, Famous ones too, hes in most new albums you hear

joe said to me cpl months ago " hey do these guys know we are still here? we're not finished yet."

Last edited:
Most Itunes albums i have downloaded were 256K. That kind of sucks, CD's are much better! I still need to buy a record player though.

I love the album, been listening to it everyday since I got it. Shoot, my ears are so shot these days, that I really can't hear the quality differences anymore. I figure I'll listen to it for a couple months strait like I did flying colors and never listen to it again, because something else will be out to enjoy. The only stuff I listen to forever is stuff from the '70's. my favorite song is "can't go back".

Back
Top Bottom