Fractal Audio Systems foot pedal?

boardwlk17

Power User
Does Fractal Audio Systems make there own pedal if not why.
and you need to make the power for the foot controler (through the midi cable) inturnal in the unit so you don't need to plug a wall wart into the axe fx. my gcx unit powers my foot controler through the midi cable. don't see why you could'nt do it.

This has been discussed ad nauseum. The MFC101 will be out shortly. (The Fractal footcontroller). What shortly is has not been defined yet but do a search of this sub-forum. In fact, just look down the list of threads and you will find the "unofficial" thread about the MFC.

As for why you would want to use a wall wart power through the Axe, that also has been discussed. It is the professional way to power the footcontroller and allows you to use almost any foot controller you wish.

mitch236 said:
This has been discussed ad nauseum. The MFC101 will be out shortly. (The Fractal footcontroller). What shortly is has not been defined yet but do a search of this sub-forum. In fact, just look down the list of threads and you will find the "unofficial" thread about the MFC.

As for why you would want to use a wall wart power through the Axe, that also has been discussed. It is the professional way to power the footcontroller and allows you to use almost any foot controller you wish.

By shortly he means sometime this year I guess. ;) I'd get a Ground Control Pro and be done with it. This thing has been incubating forever. :cry:

The simple fact of the matter is that Fractal is a small operation, consisting of very few people, and the current focus/priority is on the VST, and the editor (which rely on the same code) so until that is done, and released, the foot controller has to wait in line. It's not the only product that Cliff has hinted at either, so as to where in line it is, only Cliff knows.

What IS known to us, is that a prototype DOES, in fact, exist, and that Cliff gives it as much time as he can, in between his time with the VST/editor.

The word on the Fractal streets is patience. ;)

teejay said:
Check out the Liquid Foot offerings...
+1

I have a Liquid Foot Pro for sale in the "for sale" section and I'm getting the Liquid Foot Jr to save space. Both are awesome products.

Running the GC pro, very happy although I've had my eye on the Liquid Foot. If the Fractal controller is still way out in the distance, I may eventually switch to the Liquid.

boardwlk17 said:
Does Fractal Audio Systems make there own pedal if not why.
and you need to make the power for the foot controler (through the midi cable) inturnal in the unit so you don't need to plug a wall wart into the axe fx. my gcx unit powers my foot controler through the midi cable. don't see why you could'nt do it.

As for the wall wart. The axe-fx doesn't know what type of power requirements you foot controller needs. They are all different. The gcx is designed to give the ground control pro power. It may or may not work with others.

boardwlk17 said:
can we get an axe fx made with a internal power for the ground control pro power

Why would you want that? Then you are stuck with the GC. The way it is now is better but if you really needed it to be done, I'm sure you could find a computer/amp tech to modify the Axe to do that.

Back
Top Bottom