Fractal Audio Price Increases

Ford, Chrysler and others have nearly complete vehicles, sitting on lots that can't be shipped because they can't get chips for all the on-board computers. I know someone who ordered a new RAM truck and delivery time is minimum, 3 months and likely longer he was told.

There was a great piece on 60 Minutes about the semi-conductor shortage. When the auto-makers
expected a downturn in demand in 2020 they cancelled orders with the semi-conductor manufacturers
only to be surprised when demand for new vehicles actually increased. DOH!!

Now nations from China to the USA are perceiving the semi-conductor shortage as national emergencies.
Gonna get worse before it gets better---according to the Intel CEO and the CEO of TSMC.

I'm glad I got my FM3 when I did but this increase wouldn't have stopped me. It's an amazing unit. I just ordered a Tesla Model 3 and it seems they managed to avoid the brunt of the shortage. Then again, I don't actually have it in hand so we will see.

I have often wondered how Fractal managed to dodge price increases over the years. I swear my XL cost little more than my Ultra years ago and my III cost little, if any, more than my XL. Then considering the resell value this brand pulls off and how much equipment it replaces it's like playing for free.

Still a bargain and thankyou for the Continued updates making it even better value imo....question though...is The fc6 or other accessories likely to also experience price increase soon?

All the money I have spent on Fractal gear, has brought me countless hours of enjoyment, learning, growing as a musician, the opportunity to SAVE a boatload of money from buying selling and SHIPPING amps.

I want Fractal to be around. I will gladly pay the price increase!
Still the best investment I have made in over 40 years of doing this!
FAS is the Best! :checkeredflag: :checkeredflag: :checkeredflag:

I got my Axe FX3 two weeks ago. I've been eyeing it for months, but I was somewhat discouraged by the higher price in Europe. Eventually, I bought it anyway, and I am glad I did. This is a really good piece of equipment 🙂👍

Ford, Chrysler and others have nearly complete vehicles, sitting on lots that can't be shipped because they can't get chips for all the on-board computers. I know someone who ordered a new RAM truck and delivery time is minimum, 3 months and likely longer he was told.

Drove past this over the weekend. It’s for real. A sea of trucks.

My day gig is speccing, purchasing, and operating multimillion dollar scientific computing clusters, and I hate to say I got blindsided on the current shortages. RAM prices have been going up weekly (and I buy many terabytes at a time), the newest AMD server microprocessors are 4-6 months away despite having been planned for general availability in March of this year, and nobody's making any commitment at all as to how much lead time there is on buying the latest NVidia GPGPUs. It's nuts. I've never seen it like this before.

Just out of curiosity, what were the prices prior to the increase?

I'm still getting great mileage out of my II and AX8, so I haven't checked prices in a while, but with the increasing Canadian dollar I've been contemplating the III.

Thanks!
They increased them by %10.

Still a bargain,
Thanks
Pauly
All,

Due to the global semiconductor shortage and the resulting increased costs of manufacturing, plus increases to the costs of shipping and logistics, we are left with no choice but to increase the prices of the Axe-Fx III and FM3, effective immediately.

The Axe-Fx III is now $2299.99 and the FM3 is now $1099.99. We trust you will agree that these products still deliver incredible value, and remain backed by the same total commitment to quality and service that we have always delivered.

Sincerely,

Fractal Audio Systems

Back
Top Bottom