Fractal Audio has been challenged, or so it seems.

It's muppets just like the idiot in the video that makes me realise; "yes I am correct, there are complete and utter annoying fukwits out there in the world".

Why is the comparison between BIAS and the Axe FX even a thing? One is a piece of portable highend hardware you will likely bring to gigs, the other is a software modeller with the typical software latency for tight budgets.

I can understand why people compare the Axe to the POD or Kemper.
But Bias? This is not even apples and oranges. It's apples and a loaf of bread.

Why is the comparison between BIAS and the Axe FX even a thing?.

Because everyone knows the Axe FX is the Gold Standard for Amp modeling, so if a new guy comes to town, he has to face the Axe FX's land.

Imagine hen BIAS comes out with its floor and rack space units? its set for 2017 a bird told me.

The video doesn't bother me any at all. It's just funny & slick marketing at it's best.
People will buy what they can afford and are willing to spend.
If someone can't afford to buy a $500 Line 6 Pod 500x then a $200 BIAS software makes sense.
There's nothing wrong with them saying their $200 software is as good as or better than a $2500 Ax Fx XL+.
That's what companies are supposed to do, they are supposed to overhype their products and say it's better than anything else out there regardless of if it is or not.
A companies role is not to make the best product ever, nor is it for their product to live up to what they say it will do... A companies role in the world is the bottom line, to make the highest amount of profit as humanly possible ant any cost to anyone else whatsoever.
Money is #1 in business, as well as most peoples lives.
That video is a load of BS, but it is well done and it is funny to watch. They did a good job making that video, just like Line 6 does a great job with all their bells and whistles and slick production videos and hype.
It's to be expected. It's the way most businesses operate, and it's done that way because it works, most people are dumbed down enough to buy the hype.

Fractal just happens to be the best of the best.

The reason why Fractal is the best is because of Cliff. He set out to create the best possible modeler humanly possible, he's never tried to cut corners or do anything cheap. His motto has always been the same "I don't design stuff to be cheap or affordable... I design stuff to be the BEST."

Fractal is always going to have a ton of haters, because that's what inferiors do is they envy and hate the more superior that they can't be, jealousy.
If another product wants to win customers they have to attack Fractal, it's highly competitive, it's business.

Line 6 and other companies will NEVER adapt the same mindset that Cliff has of only caring about making the BEST product regardless of expense.

Cliff does note care about the bottom line at all.
I read a interview online a magazine did with Cliff the other day I found, and in it Cliff said when he started Fractal he had no idea how much he was going to end up selling these for, he was simply going to build the best he could at any expense, the very best, and then figure out how much he needed to sell them for to make a profit. He had no idea that there would become this big of a market for what he has, in the start he didn't realize this many people would be willing to pay this much for the best.

http://www.guitarmessenger.com/interviews/cliff-chase-interview-fractal-audio/

I think that's the link to the interview I read the other day, I'm not sure I tried to re-check it, but links not working for me now.
But point is, Fractal is the best, and no other company is like Fractal.

Fractal doesn't have to rely on gimmicky slick marketing that misleads consumers like all the other companies do.
Fractal don't have to rely on any hype, because Fractal is simply the real deal.
Fractal knows it's the best, even ahead of Kemper.
Fractal is the leader in this technology, and that's why people will buy Fractal.

People that want the best at any expense will buy Fractal.
Cliff even says what I'm saying more or less in his interview, you often get what you pay for, sometimes it's better to pay a little more for a Fridge and have it last you 20 years vs a cheaper one and then have to replace it in two etc.

Would say a lot more but gotta go to work now.

To be fair, BIAS is pretty damn good in the highgain sector. I have absolutely zero regrets recommending this to everyone who is on a tight budget. For roughly 60 dollars, you gain a fuckton of sound for your money. I'd go as far as to say that on most records, you won't even notice the difference between BIAS and the Axe FX in the final mix. No flaw that some EQ can not cover.

But in the end... it's still a software modeller. No responsiveness, noticable latency, unstable... It just doesn't come with all the benefits of actual hardware. It would be a different story if they implement BIAS algorithms into a piece of hardware eventually. Until then, a comparison is just weird.

It is a hot deal for bedroom guitarists or home recording, though.

Id buy fractal even if fractal was in the software format, its the same whether its hardware or software. But, yeah a lot of people cant afford 2500 for the Ferrari of modelers, so it's good they can get a toyota camry to get them from note a to note b.

He appeals to younger people, for sure. I sometimes can't even watch. However, he just put out a spoof cd. It spoofs mostly new bands that appeal to younger people. And, its fucking hilarious.

He does have this video that's extremely funny. [video]https://youtu.be/QNjB8ZCBuHY[/video]

It's the new economy: Make money whoring out a fake, outrageous version of yourself.

And when people desensitize themselves to fake-you, take it up a notch...or ten.

Repeat until you blow up.

Pretty irritating video.

On the tech- well, in the narrow application of prog metal tones the Bias sounded decent.
Enough to check it out and see if it works well enough to put down $200.
I can see an application for it.

Would I sell the AFX for it?
No.

But then I didn't sell all my hardware amps when I got the Axe either.
Sometimes it is good to have options.

Back
Top Bottom