Fractal Audio FX8 and Simplifier (DSM & Humboldt)

jmendoza0829

I need help on how to apply the 4 cable method using the Simplifier. There is a suggestion in the manual but not specific to a multi effects processor. Please help. Thank you!

dsm 4 cable method.jpg

I don’t have direct experience with either of these products but have used pretty much all of the other Fractal products in various routing situations.

If it were me, I’d run The Simplifier as if it were a single amp/cab unit in the middle of my FX8 block chain, then send the final signal back to the Simplifier for PA/recording/headphone outputs

Guitar > FX8 >
before-amp FX blocks (drive, phaser, etc) >
FX8 “pre out” >
Simplifier input >
Simplifier FX loop send > FX8 “post in” >
after-amp FX (reverb, delay, etc) >
FX8 “post outl > Simplifier FX loop return > Simplifier XLR out

Last edited:
Ive gotten a response from the Simplifier company and this is what was advised.

"
Hello Jeffrey!
Simplifier will work fantastic with your FX-8, it’s an awesome effects processor.
We recommmend doing this way:
If you’re using the distortion and compression effects from your FX-8, please go directly to THE INPUT of the SIMPLIFIER, then, setup the stereo effects from the FX-8 and conect the SEND output to the FX LOOP input of the FX-8, then connect the OUT (POST) to both RETURNs on the Simplifier.
This way you’ll be using some distortion/comp effects into the mono preamp on the Simplifier and then the Wet effects to the stereo CabSims.
This way you’ll be taking advantage of stereo features on the FX-8 and Simplifier.
Please set properly the gain and volume controls of the preamp to avoid clipping on FX LOOP.
Best regards!
Jano

I went with your suggestion, getlostinsound, however I did come across a problem.
Heres how I did it as a recap.
Guitar > FX8 input
FX8 OUT (PRE) Left > Simplifier INPUT
Simplifier SEND > FX8 IN (POST) Left - send
FX8 OUT (POST) Return Left and Right > Simplifier Return Left and Right

fx8.jpg

Everything seemed to work great, my pre and post effects sound good. However on TRUE BYPASS mode I can only get a MONO Signal from the simplifier. Any recommendations? Thank you!!!

Mono meaning, I can only her from the LEFT or RIGHT depending on where I return it from the FX8 to the Simplifier. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom