Fractal Audio DRIVE models: T808 OD and T808 Mod (based on Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer)

You know it's listed in the OP and even shows a pic of the TS9... I think the manual and wiki also say the same thing.

When I first saw the post I was at work so a lot of the images and links are blocked.

I've read the manual and wiki but for some reason that bit didn't stick to me. When you see T808 all over your drive blocks its pretty easy to get mixed up!

Here’s a tweaking tip I hadn’t come across, before watching an Alter Bridge rig rundown.

On the Tube Screamer (model), crank both Drive and Level controls, and turn down Tone all the way. Use this with an already distorted amp.

This saturates and thickens the sound but without becoming harsh or mushy.

Hey everyone! New here, but thankfully I found this post. I'm hoping you all can help me because you seem *vastly* more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am.

I borrowed my buddy's FX8 for a gig after our practice space got flooded and some of our gear trashed. i don't have enough money to get an FX8 myself now, but we found a patch using the T808 OD setting that I absolutely adore. So, I'm going to be picking a pedal up to use for this.

My question to you all is this: are there any modded versions that you think sound closest to the T808 OD AxeFX model? I've read that it's an actual TS9, but I've used our bass player's TS9 and the 2 do not sound the same to me, at all. The AxeFX version is much smoother and creamier IMO.

I've been driving myself crazy listening to blues licks on stratocasters with these shootout videos lol (I play an Epiphone Dot into a Carvin BelAir) and nothing has totally come close to what I hear on the AxeFX except for one guy who has a Silver Mod Maxon OD9 (which in my understanding makes it into a TS808, rather than a TS9 circuit). I can't post links yet but if you search Youtube the title is "Analogman Silver Maxon OD 9 with Tele and Les Paul"

This video sounds a bit more higher-gain than other videos, and I do much like the mid-range hump it gives to his tone in the video.

Halp, please!

Take a listen to the Vox Ice 9. It's an underrated pedal for blues or smooth TS type drive, more similar to a Boss SD-1 which I believe the circuit is closer to.
- Lower gain settings demonstrated @ 2:50.

I'll check that out, thanks! I play jammy rock and roll, not blues at all, with an Epi 335 so I'm going for a 99-00 Trey sound. I have a patch I love with the FX8 using the T808 OD but it's my friend's unit and I just can't afford an FX8 right now, nor do I want to have to keep borrowing his rig for gigs.

In another thread, a Fractal Audio moderator said that the T808 OD reference pedal is actually a TS9DX so I will likely just get that!

I'll check that out, thanks! I play jammy rock and roll, not blues at all, with an Epi 335 so I'm going for a 99-00 Trey sound. I have a patch I love with the FX8 using the T808 OD but it's my friend's unit and I just can't afford an FX8 right now, nor do I want to have to keep borrowing his rig for gigs.

In another thread, a Fractal Audio moderator said that the T808 OD reference pedal is actually a TS9DX so I will likely just get that!
Calling @iaresee ...

This. Ian has a few great Trey style patches, an older one w/ a Mesa (USA) amp and a newer one using the Komet.

Just search on "Trey" and I'm sure they'll show up :)

If I've got to be known for something, I'm okay if this is that thing! :D

Here's a thread where I matched the DRV block model to my Analogman Silver-Mod TS-9: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...i-diode-clipping-in-q5-xx-drive-block.120955/ -- that's the TS-9 Trey used throughout the 90s.

Face plant into rock!

Back
Top Bottom