Fractal Audio DRIVE models: FET Preamp (based on BOSS FA-1 Fet Amplifier)

@Tex Axe had some kind of power surge/ brain freeze and claims his Forum status has vanished, and has tried to restart, a bad idea I think

The Fas Team was able to fix that.. I tried every password I could think of might have been just that..

So when I tried to log on it just said that user does not exist..

Did have major power surge it knocked the sound card OFF and machine was reset.
Whats also strange is my cell phone was OFF and It was not hooked to anything I thought it was dead..

I turned it on to check and it had 94%.
I did not turn the phone off so its odd..

I started to just blame the Russians but thats been done already..

:)

Just throwing it out there, based on terribly brief research...the LT1457 ( http://www.linear.com/product/LT1457) is a dual JFET. I'm not sure of it's relation to the 1457W, but usually the numbers are kept close to an original design and act as a kind of allusion to help designers remember their salient qualities. The sound makes sense to me, given that a JFET buffer has really high input Z and so adds a lot of bite to the sound...or should I say edge...as the natural high frequency roll-off you find from pickups and long cables is reduced as the original signal is boosted before this deterioration. This also explains why it acts as something of an overdrive, as tube amps are probably not designed to have such a clean, stiff voltage source coming into them. But I'm far from an expert, let me know if you think my understanding is missing the point!

I wonder how this changes the axe-fx's input Z modelling - if the drive pedal is engaged before the amp, does the drive pedal becomes the selection criterion for the input Z setting? Should it?

Back
Top Bottom