Fractal Audio DRIVE Models: forum threads

Hi everybody,

Last year a series of forum threads about Fractal Audio's AMP models was completed, which was transformed into a PDF guide.

A new year, new resolutions and new challenges! I'm launching a new series of forum threads, covering all DRIVE models. Expanding on the wiki. That wiki page is currently under construction and will be updated in tempo with the forum threads.

Overdrive pedals, boosts, fuzz boxes etc. continue to be popular. And so are Fractal Audio's DRIVE models. Especially because Fractal Audio has re-matched and improved many of them in recent firmware releases. A good moment to start this series.

It will not be a "one-thread-a-day" event. But it won't take months to complete either (there are far less pedal models than amp models).

Drive pedals and models are not that easy to cover! Appreciation of pedals varies a lot, depending on ears and skills, musical taste, guitars, amps, periods in time etc. So I expect a lot of responses and discussion! :) Which is all the fun, because it attributed greatly to the value of the previous series.

Note that there's quite a lot of information about the DRIVE models that still needs to be uncovered / disclosed. Not everything can be answered. The series and wiki solely exist as an introduction.

I've started writing the first threads. And already learned a lot myself. I haven't got a clue if the new series will also make into a PDF Guide at some time, we'll just see how it turns out.

I'm running the threads in alphabetical order.

Here's the link to a list of all published threads (thanks Ian).

@yek, love your work mate! We'll put this next to the from the AMP model pdf :)

@yek is there any chance these drive models could be published on the FX8 thread or a sticky created so FX8 users can also read them please ?

@yek is there any chance these drive models could be published on the FX8 thread or a sticky created so FX8 users can also read them please ?

Double posting isn't very handy, but I guess a thread can be posted in that forum section that points to this one. Someone did that in the AX8 forum section already.

As long as we don't have a dedicated Effects forum section, the Axe-Fx II forum is the primary one (just like the FX8 manual points to the Axe-Fx II manual).

Double posting isn't very handy, but I guess a thread can be posted in that forum section that points to this one. Someone did that in the AX8 forum section already.

As long as we don't have a dedicated Effects forum section, the Axe-Fx II forum is the primary one (just like the FX8 manual points to the Axe-Fx II manual).

Be nice to have it as a sticky so it doesn't fall off the page - I can't create it so was asking.

Thanks !

Always love your posts, proper grateful for your hard work helping inadequates like me to gain more knowledge on this superb piece of kit. Salute you mate

YEK, that you very much for your time and devotion to the forum. I for one, have benefited from your examples and posts.
I don't care where you post, I'll find it.;)

Yek, dankuwel for putting this up.
I've never used the Drive blocks a great deal, maybe sometimes a TS808 MOD in front of a Legato 100 with Drive at 0 or thereabouts.
The pages have sent me on a Drive pedal odyssey, as I've found out what they do, what they're for and how to control them.
Your personal notes are great and I really like it when other users chip in with their experiences with either the model or the actual pedal.
Some Drive blocks I thought were awful now sound great with the right amp and adjustments.
You've really opened up the Axe for me with these Drive threads, so many tonal options!
Thanks!

Reactions: yek
Thank you Yek!! Like your amps guide, I've discovered - and rediscovered - a lot of great drives. A few that I couldn't quite get good tones out of are now working great for me!

This is great Yek. I haven't had time to try all the drives as you went through them, but I really look forward to doing so.

Thank you for your efforts. It is a great help.

With the help of @simviz we're currently migrating the contents of all these threads into a PDF, similar to the Amp Guide. Out in a couple of weeks, I think.

"It's going to be a great, great guide. It's going to be huge. Possibly the greatest guide ever. With the most pages."

Last edited:
With the help of @simviz we're currently migrating the contents of all these threads into a PDF, similar to the Amp Guide. Out in a couple of weeks, I think.

"It's going to be a great, great guide. It's going to be huge. Possibly the greatest guide ever. With the most pages."
Literal LOL!

:D

Great! I've been hoping to see this message ever since the thread ended. Thank Yek and Simviz!

Back
Top Bottom