Fractal Audio DRIVE Models: forum threads

Inspiring stuff Yek. Many thanks. Your amp guide should now be classed as a rock and roll historical document X

Thanks Yek.
The amp threads were really helpful. So impressive that you saw it all the way through.

Hi everybody,

Last year a series of forum threads about Fractal Audio's AMP models was completed, which was transformed into a PDF guide.

A new year, new resolutions and new challenges! I'm launching a new series of forum threads, covering every DRIVE model. Based on the wiki page that already covers the drives. That wiki page is currently under construction and will be updated in tempo with the forum threads.

Overdrive pedals, boosts, fuzz boxes etc. continue to be popular. And so are Fractal Audio's DRIVE models. Especially because Fractal Audio has re-matched and improved many of them in recent firmware releases. A good moment to start this series.

This new series will not be a "one-thread-a-day" event. But it won't take months to complete either (there are far less pedal models than amp models).

Now drive pedals and models are not that easy to cover! Appreciation of OD pedals varies a lot, depending on ears and skills, musical taste, guitars, amps, periods in time etc. So I expect a lot of responses and discussion! :) Which is all the fun, because it attributed greatly to the value of the previous series.

Not that there's quite some information about the DRIVE models that still needs to be uncovered. Not everything can be answered. The series and wiki solely exist as an introduction.

I've started writing the first threads. And already learned a lot myself.
I haven't got a clue if the new series will also make into a PDF Guide at some time, we'll see how it turns out.

The first thread has been released, and will be followed quickly by others. I'm running them in alphabetical order.

Here's the link to a list of all published threads (thanks Ian).
I like a lot, yek :fearscream: :hearteyes: :sunglasses:

Thank you

29728492-Awesome-grungy-stamp-isolated-on-white-background-Stock-Vector.jpg

I've got an FX8 on the way, and I'm so thankful to belong to this forum with awesome members who contribute so much! Drive model threads will be super helpful to FX8 users since there are no amp models and the preset .syx file types don't work in the FX8. Really appreciate it!

And hopefully as I get experience I'll find good blocks / settings for the FX8 and can give back to the forum and fellow members in each individual drive thread. :)

Many thanks Yek. Your amp guide was extremely helpful to me (and very interesting as well). I'm anxious to learn about the pedals, especially the ones I have never owned. Can't wait to take a few for a (wait for it) test drive.

I love you man. I hope you understand... ;-)

Seriously, I went through the amp guide and it helped me to pick the right amp models or understand why I prefer some (Fender Super Brown anyone?) and some not. Quicker than getting lost in the ballpark of options because after a while you can´t trust your ears anymore. I´m keen to learn some more about the drive models I never posessed. Or understand why the SSD and the FET sound so alike...

Back
Top Bottom