Fractal Audio Artist Preset Series - Steve Stevens

Hey guys I have a Fracta FX2 which I have had new for years...just love the thing. I can't afford a 3 so is there anyway to get the presets to my FX2 can anyone show the presets so I can manual program. Thank you so much. I was so blown away by Steve's presets on youtube. Especially the plexi AC30 combo...just a great rock n roll sound. AND YES Steve is a bad ass rocker who can play. Just look at his old videos!!!!

Hey guys I have a Fracta FX2 which I have had new for years...just love the thing. I can't afford a 3 so is there anyway to get the presets to my FX2 can anyone show the presets so I can manual program. Thank you so much. I was so blown away by Steve's presets on youtube. Especially the plexi AC30 combo...just a great rock n roll sound. AND YES Steve is a bad ass rocker who can play. Just look at his old videos!!!!
I have no experience with it (yet) but I believe with FracTool you can load and view / edit presets off line. Maybe worth a try?
btw I'm new to guitar amp-modelling and Axe-FX - changed over from real tube to AF-III last year - but at this moment can't imagine how I ever did survive all those years without it - awesome tool

I have no experience with it (yet) but I believe with FracTool you can load and view / edit presets off line. Maybe worth a try?
btw I'm new to guitar amp-modelling and Axe-FX - changed over from real tube to AF-III last year - but at this moment can't imagine how I ever did survive all those years without it - awesome tool
Thank you and welcome to the digital realm......the two are merging quickly

These are killer presets - especially the Playboys one. Anyone know what the cabs/speakers for those IRs are? (IR 2 Stereo L&R) They sound great!

The wife and I saw Steve with Billy Idol last summer. Phenomenal show. Killer playing and tone throughout. Obviously, if you can make Vince Neil post Dr. Feelgood (well; Shout at the Devil for me if we're being honest) sound good; you are doing something right.

Tell Lars they can sell them on their website for $50 a preset and you'll see them on there within the hour.

Nah, you wouldn't.

I can't really think of a band (im sure there's plenty) that's more secretive of their tone/settings than them. Especially Hetfield. I'm sure Mesa/Boogie and others have bent over backwards to try and do a signature amp with them over the years. Not going to happen!

Nah, you wouldn't.

I can't really think of a band (im sure there's plenty) that's more secretive of their tone/settings than them. Especially Hetfield. I'm sure Mesa/Boogie and others have bent over backwards to try and do a signature amp with them over the years. Not going to happen!

Well, all those MOP tracking sheets with all the amp settings, mics/positions, EQ's got released. Probably not a better source of material for getting the tones they had on that album.

I never really got the gear secrecy thing. Sure, you'll get in the ballpark with all the same gear, I certainly did with Vai's tone back in high school when my rig was almost an exact duplicate of his, but without the fingers you're only going to get 75-85% of the way there. When I load up the Devin Townsend presets and play Dev/SYL riffs, it still sounds like me playing them.

Well, all those MOP tracking sheets with all the amp settings, mics/positions, EQ's got released. Probably not a better source of material for getting the tones they had on that album.

I never really got the gear secrecy thing. Sure, you'll get in the ballpark with all the same gear, I certainly did with Vai's tone back in high school when my rig was almost an exact duplicate of his, but without the fingers you're only going to get 75-85% of the way there. When I load up the Devin Townsend presets and play Dev/SYL riffs, it still sounds like me playing them.

Did Metallica release all those notes? I did see a YouTube video of someone discussing those a while back. Seemed like acquiring all the gear today would be quite a task.

I'm with you on the secrecy thing. I've been chasing Devs tone for a while now, while the preset they released is very cool it does seem like a very ballpark version of his sound. The GP sound isn't there, which is the main "Dev" thing. He's said multiple times it would get released and it never has. Latest is it will get released with a Neural DSP plugin. Not holding my breath!

Back
Top Bottom