Fractal Audio AMP models: your super guide to all AMP models

I seriously look forward to waking up each morning, grabbing my iPhone, going to the fractal forum and reading about a new amp model while my coffee maker brews. Glad there are so many amp models because I'll be bored going back to sports scores when Yek runs out of topics

Big thank you to Yek for doing this! Very classy move!

It's nice to be able to get an indepth look of the wiki info complete with demo vids!

This is a great way to digest one amp daily.
(a model a day will keep the real one away!)
We get to know the builders thoughts and Cliff's too.
Thanks so much Yek!!
BTW, I still own tube amps, but Fractal gets all my attention.

This is a great way to digest one amp daily.
(a model a day will keep the real one away!)
We get to know the builders thoughts and Cliff's too.
Thanks so much Yek!!
BTW, I still own tube amps, but Fractal gets all my attention.

go HAWKS! (Oh, yeah, Thanks, Yek.)

This thread is really helping me get the most out of the Axe Fx, especially the recommended settings and tips for each amp, and also the videos are extremely helpful because I've never played most of these in real life so before I'd just see a amp name on my screen, play a few notes and quickly dismiss it and go on to something else, because I wasn't aware how just what all that particular amp was capable of, so when I watch these videos I am often amazed at the tones and different styles, and think wow, he did THAT with THIS amp? And that makes me then find many uses for amps that I thought before were not useful to me. The videos are very helpful because they show me what is possible. And they show me how it's meant to sound.

Super forumite and beta tester @yek runs a daily series that goes, one by one, through all the amp models in the Axe-Fx II's and AX8's 's AMP block.

Each AMP is a new post in this forum. That can make finding them a little hard.
So here's a handy search that will show you all of the threads he's made for all of the models.
Bookmark it!

Of course, all the information in his posts is derived mostly from this page on the Fractal Audio wiki: an invaluable source of information that you too can contribute to!

All the Amp's? But there is only around 61 of them. What am I missing here?

Super forumite and beta tester @yek runs a daily series that goes, one by one, through all the amp models in the Axe-Fx II's and AX8's 's AMP block.

Each AMP is a new post in this forum. That can make finding them a little hard.
So here's a handy search that will show you all of the threads he's made for all of the models.
Bookmark it!

Of course, all the information in his posts is derived mostly from this page on the Fractal Audio wiki: an invaluable source of information that you too can contribute to!
Excellent initiative
I like these things ;)
Training, and culture of the product, are the basis for success :cool:

Goal is one-a-day, but something
All the Amp's? But there is only around 61 of them. What am I missing here?

From the first post:

"I'm adding information to the wiki about the amp models all the time. While on it, why not put the models into the spotlight? So starting today: a series of threads, focussing on all amp models. Frequency: maybe a thread a day, maybe not, we'll see how it goes. I'll just follow the order of the models in the hardware and wiki. The information is derived from this wiki page. If the information is not correct, just reply and I'll use it to update the wiki, so it works both ways."​

I've been able to keep up the one-post-a-day routine for long, but lately something else got in the way. It's called "work". Next on the list: ODS (Dumble). Yes, we're have reached the letter "O" already.

By the way, we've got 248 models, but that not the number of amps. Some amps are represented by multiple models.

Even if it was once a week I still think it would be an awesome undertaking and a most impressive feet!

Of course then it'd be like a 3 year long project and we'll be on Quantum 40 by then.

Goal is one-a-day, but something

From the first post:

"I'm adding information to the wiki about the amp models all the time. While on it, why not put the models into the spotlight? So starting today: a series of threads, focussing on all amp models. Frequency: maybe a thread a day, maybe not, we'll see how it goes. I'll just follow the order of the models in the hardware and wiki. The information is derived from this wiki page. If the information is not correct, just reply and I'll use it to update the wiki, so it works both ways."​

I've been able to keep up the one-post-a-day routine for long, but lately something else got in the way. It's called "work". Next on the list: ODS (Dumble). Yes, we're have reached the letter "O" already.

By the way, we've got 248 models, but that not the number of amps. Some amps are represented by multiple models.

I don't want to repeat myself in every amp thread posted by you, yek, so I'll post it here. This series of yours is the easiest and most comprehensive way to learn the basics about the amps and their models as well as to get the taste of what they are.

A big fat thanks to you and also many thanks to the forum members which contribute with their experience and connoissieur tips for specific amps. It's informative and enjoyable at the same time. Another thanks to iaresee for organizing the overview. Cheers.

Fractal has to model a lot of new stuff now. Because, apart from the new IIC++, the series is finished. And that makes me a bit sad actually. Checking the forum for a new amp model thread by yek has become a nice habit during morning coffee. Cliff, give yek new models to write about! :tonguewink:

Quoted from this post:

Dear Fractalites,

On Feb 22nd I started the “Fractal Audio AMP models” thread series.

It’s finished. All 249 current models have been described and discussed into detail, which translates to just under 100 actual amps plus a number of virtual ones. Click here to see all threads.

The contents will shortly also be available in an alternative readable way.

And yes, I totally underestimated the work involved. ;-)
Most of the time I could keep up with the planned “one-thread-a-day” rhythm, but TBH, at the end I got fed up with it. But hey, the job had to be finished of course.

I cleaned up the corresponding amp list in the wiki and made sure the information in the wiki and the threads is consistent.

Rest assured that whenever a new model will be added to the firmware, or when useful new information about a model becomes available, I’ll update the wiki and thread series.

I made presets for most of the models. Click here to download (note: link will be operational in a few hours). They were created on my Axe-Fx II XL. Use FracTool to convert them to other devices.

- DONATE -

I have a great job (not related to music) and I’m doing fine. I’ve never asked for a donation for wiki maintenance etc.

But there are other people on this earth who are in need. My girlfriend Mariette recently visited Nepal to do voluntary work, among others in a children’s home. Where young children stay, who otherwise would have to live on the streets and risk becoming victims of human trafficking, which is a big issue in Nepal, sadly. While she was away, I started writing the threads.

If you found the series of threads entertaining, perhaps learned something from it, enjoyed the read or just want to show appreciation, please consider donating in return. Any amount you feel is right. It will be used to keep helping these children, through a bona fide organization.

You can donate at:
https://www.paypal.me/alexandervanengelen

If you don’t use Paypal, and still want to donate, please send me a PM and I’ll mail you our bank account data.

Thank you.

Amazing job!!! Thank you, some funds sent to show appreciation, you do so much for this community! Cheers my friend!

Back
Top Bottom