Fractal Audio AMP Models: Yeks PDF Guide

Remarkable effort and accomplishment! Thank you yek - I learned a ton from these posts.
You are a terrific exemplar of the community here.

Dear Fractalites,

On Feb 22nd I started the “Fractal Audio AMP models” thread series.

It’s completed. All 249 current models have been described and discussed into detail, which translates to just under 100 actual amps plus a number of virtual ones. Click here to see all threads.

The contents will shortly also be available in an alternative readable way.

And yes, I totally underestimated the work involved. ;-)
Most of the time I could keep up with the planned “one-thread-a-day” rhythm, but TBH, at the end I got fed up with it. But hey, the job had to be finished of course.

I cleaned up the corresponding amp list in the wiki and made sure the information in the wiki and the threads is consistent.

Rest assured that whenever a new model will be added to the firmware, or when useful new information about a model becomes available, I’ll update the wiki and thread series.

I made presets for most of the models. Click here to download. They were created on my Axe-Fx II XL. Use FracTool to convert them to other devices.

- DONATE -

I have a great job (not related to music) and I’m doing fine. I’ve never asked for a donation for wiki maintenance etc.

But there are other people on this earth who are in need. My girlfriend Mariette recently visited Nepal to do voluntary work, among others in a children’s home. Where young children stay, who otherwise would have to live on the streets and risk becoming victims of human trafficking, which is a big issue in Nepal, sadly. While she was away, I started writing the threads.

If you found the series of threads entertaining, perhaps learned something from it, enjoyed the read or just want to show appreciation, please consider donating in return. Any amount you feel is right. It will be used to keep helping these children, through a bona fide organization.

You can donate at:
https://www.paypal.me/alexandervanengelen

If you don’t use Paypal, and still want to donate, please send me a PM and I’ll mail you our bank account data.

Thank you.​
THANKS YEK!
Great job (a lot of work).
Will miss my "daily read" sifff

did you include the latest James Hetfield Metallica Amp as well?
https://ritskes.stackstorage.com/index.php/s/VSGlDwCPmRoSOui
;)

Donated - Thanks for a fantastic job, yek. I've really enjoyed it and can appreciate the amount of effort it has taken ;)

Reactions: yek
I dont have a AXE II, still enjoying the original Ultra, but found the information very insightful and learned quite a bit about the amps that do translate back to the 1st gen unit. Of course it made me drool a few times and want a II, but I'm ok where I'm at. Thank you for all the work and effort!

Thanks for your hard work. Donated so you can enjoy a few cold beers, but please not that horrible Heineken ;)

oh yea... I curse you for using an XL ;)

Back
Top Bottom