Fractal Audio AMP models: Wrecker Rocket (Trainwreck Rocket)

I found the amp rather weak, compared to other similar amps, until I turned cathode follower compression (CF Comp on the preamp page) to about 70%.
It's strangely set to 0% per default, as the Rocket designs to my understanding have a cathode follower, other than an Express or Liverpool.
The Ruby Rocket has the same issue...
I'll give that a shot, good catching that. I really really like the Express & the Komet 60. I really 'want' to like the other two Trainwrecks, & the Ruby but like others I passed them up somewhat quickly & try & revisit them from time to time, tweak a few things & mostly try a bunch of different IR's to no avail.

I'm still absolutely loving this one. Can't stop playing once I get going on it. There are a handful of amps that are detrimental to a good nights rest.

Because there’s no Master the Volume control not only sets the volume level but gain as well.

Do you mean that the Volume on the real Trainwreck corresponds to *both* the "Input Drive" and the "Master Volume" knobs in the Axe-FX? Meaning, that we should treat those two knobs as linked (i.e. if one is set to 5, set the other to 5 as well, etc).

Do you mean that the Volume on the real Trainwreck corresponds to *both* the "Input Drive" and the "Master Volume" knobs in the Axe-FX? Meaning, that we should treat those two knobs as linked (i.e. if one is set to 5, set the other to 5 as well, etc).
No. It means that, to be accurate to the real amp, set Master Volume to 10 and leave it there. Make your gain changes with Input Drive.

I wouldn't judge these amps until you have the patch as loud as you would the tube amp, to get the same among of drive...... And that is really effen loud....

I was looking over some schematics and I used to speak to Ken alot on the phone
anyway I was glancing through some old schematics and thought they were similar too something Watkins designed.

I spy alot of things like that in other builds of high dollar amps also..
Which is why I dont think there is much new under the sun.
Someone saw something someone else did and then said I know ill do this and that and call it my own.
To get real tricky ill just bury it in some epoxy to hide the revelation from the public to remain mystical and on high praise and
maybe just maybe ill be worshipped by someone with alot of cash..

So its best to pick from things that are old and the further back the better since most would not research back to 1926 would they ?

Only someone with OCD or deranged with no life would bother turning that many rocks over..
bwahahahahah mehehehehehhe hahahahhahah AH HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Are you telling me that Welsh men are wookies with less hair and poor fashion sense ?? :)

(J/K and apologies to any Welsh forumites - remnants of bad british jokes from the time I lived in the UK)
Dunno. I never stroked a Welshman. ;)

Back
Top Bottom