Fractal Audio AMP models: The Presets (Q7.02)

In these presets? Less adjustments of default master and presence values. I used some of the new cabs. Motor Drive at 4. And a little B/M/T and Drive fine tuning

@yek
I noticed you changed the output comp parameters in the Friedman HBE in your Q7.02 presets.
Can you please explain the effect you were trying to achieve with that?
Thanks!

I don't recollect changing those parameters on purpose. They should be set at default.

@yek
I noticed you changed the output comp parameters in the Friedman HBE in your Q7.02 presets.
Can you please explain the effect you were trying to achieve with that?
Thanks!

Try building a preset from scratch with the HBE and compare the settings ..., I think Cliff changed a lot of the defaults recently to coincide with the new modeling algorithms .... You might just be looking at the 'new' defaults ?

Try building a preset from scratch with the HBE and compare the settings ..., I think Cliff changed a lot of the defaults recently to coincide with the new modeling algorithms .... You might just be looking at the 'new' defaults ?
Hey!
Nope they're not defaults in HBE. :)

Excellent! Looking forward to checking these out Yek! Been working on this same "raw amp banks" project myself for a few months now...every time I get it all 512 sounds covering each map "dialed in" with my RI 61' SG (LP) and Tele or Strat, a new firmware comes along! Hahaha. So 512 times I have to change the amp block (I do a Scene 1/2 for each amp in each preset)... Going to be really super fun to compare yours to mine, I did use your amazing Amp Manual but did try many different cabs to extract different flavors out of it...Thanks a million again!

Some of the cabs point to U17 in my Axe Fx2 mark 2. I guess that is one of the new factory presets in the XL version?
What would you recommend for the non-xl users to use instead of that cab?

So how i've downloaded all the presets, how do i get them all on the axe. I don't have to do these one at a time do I?

Couple options...

1. Use "Axe-Manage Presets" in Axe-Edit (under the Tools menu), from there you can drag and drop the .syx preset files onto the slots where you want to save them (either by selecting all in your computer's file browser and dragging and dropping from that window onto the right pane of Axe-Manage presets, or by clicking the "Browser" menu on the left, selecting "Open Directory... ", navigating to the folder of presets, clicking "Open", then selecting all the presets that are now visible in the browser on the left and dragging and dropping to the right). Click the Save button when you're done and give Axe-Manage Presets a minute or two to write all the new files to the preset slots you just dropped them on (they'll be colored red in the window when they're not saved and colored green when they are)

from_computer.jpg
from_browser.jpg

or...

2. Use "FracTool" to first turn the individual presets into a Bank File (drag and drop them onto the magnifying glass icon in the window, then select the "Bank" menu, and then "Save to bank" option), then use Fractal-Bot to transfer that file to whichever bank you want to overwrite with the presets

Anyone any idea why I just get a blank preset when importing any of these? Using an XL...

Do this work in
axe 2 fx XL + I am running Axe Edit version 3.14.3 and Firmware version Quantum 10.01

Back
Top Bottom