Fractal Audio AMP models: The Presets (Q7.02)

A translation table won't help if the Cab block defaults to 'one'. ;-)

I'd include the IR name in the preset title if there was enough room, but there isn't.

I'll write them down one of these days.

I had a quick look. The only preset with a Cab block set to higher than 132 is 5F1 Tweed. That one uses this IR:
1x8 EC Champlifier I5.

Yek, it's simply the best presets i have ever heard !
Since several month, i have preferred play on my real amp (Carol Ann OD-3R), but the sound is too loud for my home studio, so i wanted to try another time the axe FX2. I tried your preset at first, and......whouaaaaa ! i found some sound i like such Brit 800 or AFD and all Caroll Ann ! perfect for me for recording rhythm parts.For solos, i preferred always play on my real amp, peuraps because i know my amp very well.But your presets are wonderful !
Thank you again for your time and patience.

Reactions: yek
Yek, i have a question about your wonderful presets(this and your preset collection) :),
why do you place the reverb before the amp ?
Thank a lot again for your contribution to the Axe Community.Your work is a source of inspiration and show us how the Axe is great.

Reverb is placed after AMP, but before CAB.
The reason is that I also want hear the room reverb when I play through a power amp and cabinet (Out 2).
So it's placed before the FXL block, which routes the signal to Out 2.

Only when I use Spring Reverb, I put the Reverb block before the AMP.

The reason is that I also want hear the room reverb when I play through a power amp and cabinet (Out 2).

Yes i wanted to say before the Cab, sorry.
But i understand better why you place the reverb before the Cab.
Thank you Yek.

Thanks for the presets Yek - great starting points. Please work out similar presets for the rest of the amps (as you go)!

You know, I was playing with your presets from these threads yesterday and I was actually curious as to why you chose to place it between amp and cab. so I moved it to after the cab and I have to say, with it placed between amp and cab it gives a nice ambient mic effect. It gets colored by the IR mic and almost sounds as though it was ambience captured during the micing process. Almost as though you mixed a room and close mic IR in cab lab.
I think this may become my new go to way of adding room to my tone.

Wow. I went through your presets last night. You improved the sound on a couple of my favorites and turned me on to new amps that I didn't think I had any use for. The Vox amps in particular sounds SUPER authentic to my ear, I actually sold an AC15 and AC30 to make the Axe FX purchase and I think this is the closest I have got to the real amps. I appreciate the good work, I am really excited for you to get to a few of my other favorites.

Yek,

Absolutely awesome. The factory presets are great, but of course also demonstrate the wider capabilities of the Axe-FX. The thing I really like about your presets is that they are the "bread and butter" that I need to get a feel for whether an amp model will be useful to me. Ultimately I think they will turn out to be the most useful library for my purposes.

Liam

Thank you, Yek.
These presets are a great starting point for me in building specific new presets.

Back
Top Bottom