Fractal Audio AMP models: The Presets (Q7.02)

Thank you very much Yek, these presets are great!

Quick question, what amp and cab are you using on the fx send when playing live?

We have covered about 1/3 of the AMP models in this thread series so far.

Let's do an interlude!

Click the link below to download a zipped file with presets.
These presets feature the AMP models in the series so far. Well, I left out a few that I don't care for.
I'll publish an updated collection after we've discussed the next round of AMP models.

These are simple presets: AMP + CAB + Reverb + FXL.

And yes, these are MY settings, they work for me with my guitars. Let the discussions begin.

Created on my XL, Q2.04.
If you have an Axe-Fx II Mk I / II: use AlGrenadine 's new utility AxeFxSend to load these presets.
If you have an AX8, well, eh, @AlGrenadine is workin' on it. :)

Notes:
  • If there's a number following the AMP model's name in the title, there's more than 1 scene.
  • The non-capital notes in the title are for my own use; they indicate non-default settings, an artist's name and such.
  • The AMP models are dialed in using the original amp's controls only.
  • Stocks cabs only. Stereo mode. Low Cut 80Hz and High-Cut 10kHz (personally I prefer narrower EQ-ing).
  • Default room reverb (stereo out).
  • Mild noise gate.
  • The FXL block lets you feed a power amp and guitar cabinet from OUT 2.
I've got lots of favorites.
One that stood out when I played through them yesterday at considerable volume, is Brit Silver, because of its dripping thick tone.

P.S. All AMPs are set to the latest modeling version.

Have fun!
Thanks a lot!

Hey Yek,

First of all:
Great work! I'm a daily reader and fan of your thread. Glad you continue the saga ;)
Also the Presets. I tried them all imported by AL tool.

Question:
Did you make the amps to your own taste or with recommended settings or just quickly to show in general how the amp sounds?
Just a question, as I listened with my musicman and not my Fender and will sound different anyway's ;)

PS all:
if you do NOT have an axe fx XL or XL+ you can transfer the new files with this tool:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axefx-ii-xl-preset-converter-ax8-ii-xl-too.112538/ (!!!!)

(it's beta 10 version for windows & mac and also progress on AX8!)

Thank you,Yek..I send one amp with AxeSend from your XL to my AXE II..no sound at all...I have to do something special to hear the sound..
Everything translated ok..exept there is no sound...( i am with headphones right now )

Thank you,Yek..I send one amp with AxeSend from your XL to my AXE II..no sound at all...I have to do something special to hear the sound..
Everything translated ok..exept there is no sound...( i am with headphones right now )

Check Level in the Input block

EDIT: it's probably the Mac version. We have to wait for a bugfix.

Last edited:
Nice one Yek :)

Besides being nice examples of Amp and stock Cab presets - these are pretty near perfect examples of a set of presets that are normalised for live use. (Bear in mind that nobody can produce presets that are 100% perfect for everyone 'out of the box' due to differences in guitars/pickups/speakers/personal tone preferences etc)

So I think you should use your stage amp/speakers and turn up to your normal live playing volume to hear them level out in terms of perceived Bass, Mid and Treble response before tweaking further to your own taste. If you use low volume you'll probably be thinking too much bass and mids and not enough treble - but that is normal.

If you practice at home with low volumes you should perhaps make EQ tweaked copies to suit that scenario and keep them separate from the 'live' versions.

The problem is that on they were created on the XL with cab slots larger than the ones available on MkI (132). The cab then defaults to user cab one - if there is nothing in there there will be no sound.

Yek - is there a chance to post a translation table with the used IR name if their cab number is larger than 132? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom