Fractal Audio AMP models: The Presets (Q7.02)

@yek thank you very much for your work. Since I'm only 2 plus months into creating presets, these will help me understand better how to crate them for live use. My setup is also AXE, amp and cab on stage. But I've been mic-ing to FOH and would like to eventually eliminate using the mic and go direct. But so far I am unhappy with the FOH sound. Using the Mic seems to be more forgiving.
Update:
I sampled all of the presets and they all sound great to me. If using my PRS tapped for single coil, very little tweaking needs to be done to suit my taste. Using HB, some presets get flubbery and boomy, (understandable), while others come to life with a lot of robust.
Again Thank You

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Yek for your time, work and very valuable amp sheets description and presets.
I found the information about real amps very informative to better know and understand the "amp soul", and the presets are a great basis/foundation to have some ideas of the basic tweaks to start from.
:):D

@yek. If using my PRS tapped for single coil, very little tweaking needs to be done to suit my taste. Using HB, some presets get flubbery and boomy, (understandable), while others come to life with a lot of robust.
Again Thank You

Yes, I mainly use my Strat to tweak the tones, so that sounds about right.

Some great presets here.
I'm using it more as a showcase for the amps at their most stock.
I also really appreciate how none of the presets overload the output :)

Yek, I wish to extend a personal and huge thanks for this project and the accompanying presets. Your write-ups together with the accompanying presets are several dozen (hundred?) indisputable reasons why everyone should 1. Own an Axe-FX, and 2. Be grateful to you. Hugely inspiring and informative, I cannot thank you enough.

On another note: I've been sliding the presets' cab block to the right one block and using the FX Loop to insert an Eventide H9 in kill-dry mode for extra fun.

Cheers!

Thanks so much Yek,

Don't think I would have ever stumbled across the AC-20 if it weren't for your contribution, and I love that amp!!

Well done, mate.

Yek, thanks for sticking with this! These basic presets have become my starting point in creating my own presets. The value of these is too much to be able to put into words! Can't wait for the next update, some great amps covered since the last update.

thanks a lot for sharing the presets.
I have tried the Mesa Mark/rectifiers and like them :D
but...I have a problem, looks like on my AX8 the unit does not switch between X/Y although I can switch from my computer.
on other presets I made or downloaded from the forum , works fine
any help? :D
thx a lot

Well done Yek, best presets I have imported !!!
I've tried many presets shared on this from, but somehow they did not work for me. Some were too trebely, some were too compressed, etc... I always tend to return to the stock presets. However Yek's amp presets works just great out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom