Fractal Audio AMP models: SV Bass (Ampeg SVT)

I would love to hear somebody get a Black-Album era Newsted bass tone out of the Ampeg model.

I too have been pretty dissatisfied with the bass options in the AFX. This afternoon, I'm gonna plug in my Tech 21 pedals and see if I get better results from those.

I would love to hear somebody get a Black-Album era Newsted bass tone out of the Ampeg model.

I too have been pretty dissatisfied with the bass options in the AFX. This afternoon, I'm gonna plug in my Tech 21 pedals and see if I get better results from those.
Pretty sure he was using a Spector bass, and a combination of an SVT and a Trace Elliot on that album. Played with a pick, too. It should be mostly possible with the Axe-Fx... I may take a swing at it for ya at some point.

Actually, I just stumbled on this:

That would be cooler. (From S&M apparently)

Edit:

But then again...

Have fun :)

He's playing his 8 string in that. A little more difficult, given the pitch block's issues tracking low notes :p Beyond that, pretty easy with the Axe-Fx.

Cool. My source is a scope, a sine wave generator and an SVT-CL on the bench. Not trying to be combative, that wouldn't surprise me if that is what the manual says and was probably the design goal, it just didn't match up with reality for that one particular head.

For the bass players:

I just noticed for the first time that Cab Pack 22 "Wellspring UltraRes Vol.2" has some Ultra-Res IRs of a SVT 4x10 bass cabinet with tweeter.

http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_22_Wellspring_UltraRes_Vol_2_4x_p/fas-801-0022.htm

All well and good, but IMHO there should be at least a couple stock UltraRes bass IRs in the AxeFx. I wouldn't be upset if they ditched all of the current stock HiRes bass IRs in favor of half as many of the newer crop of UltraRes IRs, throwing us a bone as a teaser to the newer bass cab packs. Between Ownhammer, Mikko, and Dr. Bonkers, these are much better efforts for bass guitar IRs. Again, IMO.

Agree on some ultra res stock cabs.

Of those that are available in the packs, has anyone found any standouts?

Funny this thread pops up at the top as I just this moment bought the Ownhammer SVT IR's and i'm trying them out with the looper pedal.
I too just so happen to after something along the lines of Newstead as one of my bass tones.
So far i'm not hearing a bunch of difference between the IR's in this pack but i've only skimmed the surface so far.

Names I recognize off that list: Bootsy Colllins, Chris Squire, George Clinton, Jason Newsted, Les Claypool, Roger Waters, Sheryl Crow, Stanley Clarke, Stefan Lessard, Sting.

Everyone else? I guess I just don't pay attention to bass players. Are these people famous?

Names I recognize off that list: Bootsy Colllins, Chris Squire, George Clinton, Jason Newsted, Les Claypool, Roger Waters, Sheryl Crow, Stanley Clarke, Stefan Lessard, Sting.

Everyone else? I guess I just don't pay attention to bass players. Are these people famous?

Yes quite a few are well known and play with A list artists. If you are curious you can always click on the link and see their bio :)

We need their guitar amps! how am I supposed to make my QOTSA patch dangit. Using a supro right now. im close. but not quite there.

was gonna get the catalinbread svt pedal.. but im holding out.

The drummer / recording engineer of one of the bands I play in bought a 2nd hand SVT VR (Vintage Reissue) for a great price and put it in the rehearsal room. And man, does that thing live up to expectations! Such a punch and clarity, with all controls at noon and using a passive bass. Instant love, best bass tone I've ever heard.

Back
Top Bottom