Fractal Audio AMP models: Supremo Trem (Supro 1964T Dual-Tone)

Hi Sprint. Thanks for the reply. I have the FM3 and there are no tremelo settings on those tabs, or any of the tabs. All a bit weird.

View attachment 106034View attachment 106035
The tremolo that’s built into the Amp block is an extra-horsepower feature that’s not available in the FM3. It’s actually a bias tremolo, unlike the trem that’s built into the Supro. So yeah, use the Trem block, and you’re golden.

Always wondered if amp bias tremolo is somehow different that using the trem block on the bias setting. Sounds the same to me with trem block before amp, but I guess there could be differences in how the amp trem sounds due to it's position inside the power amp section's inerds.

Always wondered if amp bias tremolo is somehow different that using the trem block on the bias setting. Sounds the same to me with trem block before amp, but I guess there could be differences in how the amp trem sounds due to it's position inside the power amp section's inerds.
It's similar, but different. It has the same easy, "organic" wash going on. But the bias trem in the Trem block doesn't affect power-amp nonlinearity, and that can make a difference — especially when you're pushing the power amp hard.

Back
Top Bottom