Fractal Audio AMP models: Spawn Nitrous (Splawn Nitro)

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
* EDIT: Up-to-date information is available in Yek's Guide to the Fractal Audio Amplifier Models *

Nitro.gif

Spawn Nitrous: based on Splawn Nitro

Splawn is into the Marshall-modding business and builds their own hot-rodded versions of those. The Quickrod is probably their most famous amp. Compared to the Quickrod, the Nitro has more saturation and is voiced for a bigger low end and low mids, according to Splawn. Think Recto, EVH, Peavey etc.

The Nitro is a 100 watts amp. They usually come with EL34 or 6L6 power tubes, but the modeled amp is equipped with KT88 tubes.

The Nitro has two channels: Clean (not modeled) and Overdrive. The Overdrive channel has two modes: OD1 (rhythm) and OD2 (Lead), which both have been modeled.

The models used to suffer from an overload of bass, but they are much more manageable in their Quantum-incarnations. Generally speaking, the tone of Splawn amps is somewhat scooped (thin), which is what some players like and some don't.​

Controls on the amp: Resonance (model: Depth), Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Master, Gain.

Here’s the manual.

Splawn cabinets have G12M, V30, or G12-65 Creamback speakers. The G12-65 speakers are said to be the best-sounding ones. Possibly because they're are more mid-focussed than the others.

Last edited:
In my experience with this amp, it's picky when it comes to speakers. The best that work with it that I have found is the Eminence Governor.

I also pair this with the Splawn Quickrod and they sound great together. (Not blending in Axe-Fx, but with double tracked guitars in DAW.)

Back
Top Bottom