• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Fractal Audio AMP models: Spawn Nitrous (Splawn Nitro)

yek

* EDIT: Up-to-date information is available in Yek's Guide to the Fractal Audio Amplifier Models *

Spawn Nitrous: based on Splawn Nitro

Splawn is into the Marshall-modding business and builds their own hot-rodded versions of those. The Quickrod is probably their most famous amp. Compared to the Quickrod, the Nitro has more saturation and is voiced for a bigger low end and low mids, according to Splawn. Think Recto, EVH, Peavey etc.

The Nitro is a 100 watts amp. They usually come with EL34 or 6L6 power tubes, but the modeled amp is equipped with KT88 tubes.

The Nitro has two channels: Clean (not modeled) and Overdrive. The Overdrive channel has two modes: OD1 (rhythm) and OD2 (Lead), which both have been modeled.

The models used to suffer from an overload of bass, but they are much more manageable in their Quantum-incarnations. Generally speaking, the tone of Splawn amps is somewhat scooped (thin), which is what some players like and some don't.​

Controls on the amp: Resonance (model: Depth), Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Master, Gain.

Here’s the manual.

Splawn cabinets have G12M, V30, or G12-65 Creamback speakers. The G12-65 speakers are said to be the best-sounding ones. Possibly because they're are more mid-focussed than the others.

Last edited:
L

Lionheart

In my experience with this amp, it's picky when it comes to speakers. The best that work with it that I have found is the Eminence Governor.

I also pair this with the Splawn Quickrod and they sound great together. (Not blending in Axe-Fx, but with double tracked guitars in DAW.)

Top Bottom