Fractal Audio AMP models: SOLO 100 (Soldano SLO-100)

Thanks for the tips everyone. I've loaded the SLO rhythm patch, added the TV cab, cranked the master & it's definitely in the same tonal ballpark as my 1999 SLO.
I'm happy

It's not totally fixed - the normal channel volume does have some effect, although it's minor.

Another thing that's unusual about the SLO is the effects loop - it's in front of the tone stack, and it's not at all transparent - if you excised it - say, built a clone but omitted the loop altogether - it would sound significantly different. That's not terribly common.

Interesting. Before I got my XL+, I was considering an SLO, so I spent some time on the Soldano forum, and a lot of guys were saying that SLOs built without an effects loop (which apparently Mike will build for you for a slight upcharge) sound better than stock. I always figured it was just voodoo, and they were imagining it, but maybe that's why.

To add another famous SLO 100 player is Paul Westerberg. On all his tours I have seen him on since 1993 was the SLO 100.

What has to be mentioned is the new Slo 100's have a Level on the loop which is the same as the Friedman's BE deluxe which calls it a 'system volume' I run the Loop Level at about 2'oclock and the front ch volumes at about 1.7 to 2.2 depending on how big the room is . Higher than 2 you will never get the ch volume to 1.0
This allows you to get into power amp gain and there is the added Depth knob. This is what is sound like at loud band practice volume -ear phones to get the idea!

(no replies in a long time but I thought my questions fits)

Does anybody of you know which Depth setting corresponds to a SLO-100 without the Depth-Mod?
Is it Depth at zero or Depth at noon (or maybe a different setting)? Did not find any info about this on this forum or the internet...

Back
Top Bottom