Fractal Audio AMP models: Recto1 and Recto2 (Mesa Dual Rectifier, 2-ch and 3-ch)

Here's a very short and dirty comparison of the Recto models through the same IR.

Signal chain is guitar - AX8 - FET Boost (Drive 2/Tone 8/Level 10/Mid Low/High Cut 120/6500) - Amp - Cab ( 57/121 mix from the york Audio Cab Pack)

Sounds excellent! Thanks for the post!

Last edited:
No, they didn't add a cold clipping circuit. The Mark V is almost identical to the Mark IV circuit.

If they didn't add anything to the circuit then it's a preamp bias difference (or any other bazillion things u can change in an amp), it's really apparent buzz between Mark IV and Mark V, maybe it's because of where they fixed the extra gain knob you used to have access to

guys, is there anything special/different about the two channel triple rectifier black face that pat obrien of cannibal corpse uses? he swears by it and was used on many albums prior to red before black

I love them Recto models! Actually switched most of the amp models in my high gain patches to the recto models because I love how the low end responds with high gain and palm muting stuff. It doesn't fart out in with the low mid boomyness like a lot of other models will typically do, and they play well with EQ and don't lose their cool when adding stuff.
What's a clean version of this amp that has that super thick and fat low end like one of them rectos?

guys, is there anything special/different about the two channel triple rectifier black face that pat obrien of cannibal corpse uses? he swears by it and was used on many albums prior to red before black

IDK, Ola seems to do fine with a normal Rectifier.

I love them Recto models! Actually switched most of the amp models in my high gain patches to the recto models because I love how the low end responds with high gain and palm muting stuff. It doesn't fart out in with the low mid boomyness like a lot of other models will typically do, and they play well with EQ and don't lose their cool when adding stuff.
What's a clean version of this amp that has that super thick and fat low end like one of them rectos?

Try the Soldano models

Quick question: On the Recto1 and Recto2 Red Modern models does the “presence” control vary negative feedback or boost upper mids as in the actual amps? I ask because my Tremoverbs control seems much more powerful and potentially much brighter than the models.

Back
Top Bottom