Fractal Audio AMP models: Jazz 120 (Roland Jazz Chorus 120)

the Jazz 120 is too big for me, I was actually thinking of getting a Roland JC‑40 - the little brother - to run my AX8 through. It is small enough to carry and big enough for small venues. It is stereo and clean. Any thoughts from any of youl on using a JC-40 as the amplification for an AX8?

the Jazz 120 is too big for me, I was actually thinking of getting a Roland JC‑40 - the little brother - to run my AX8 through. It is small enough to carry and big enough for small venues. It is stereo and clean. Any thoughts from any of youl on using a JC-40 as the amplification for an AX8?

I've got a JC110... similar to the JC120 but with 2x10 speakers instead of 2x12.

There isn't a stereo input. So it would be mono in. The stereo is only the way the builtin chorus affects the two speakers separately.

Is the JC-40 true stereo in?

Barhrecords, that is what it claims. I know a guy in my area who has one and I am hoping to connect with him in the next couple weeks to try it out. But would sure welcome any comments from Fractal users who have tried it. I am looking for a stereo solution so I do not have to carry two powered monitors. I doubt I would use the on board effects or distortion and the AX8 has high end effects.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/jc-40/
  • Stereo Input for Multi-Effects, Modelers, and Synths
    With its front-panel stereo input, the JC-40 allows players who use stereo effects devices to achieve wide, inspiring sound without having to carry around two separate amps. The amp’s rich clean tone lets you get the most out of external stereo pedals like delays, reverbs, and various modulation effects. It’s also perfectly suited for advanced gear that employs amp modeling, multi-effects, and/or synth capabilities, such as the GT-100, GP-10, and ME-80 from BOSS and GR-55 guitar synth from Roland.

The JC-120 is a pretty cool amp for loud clean tones. In the 80s - 90s, that amp was one of the standard backline offerings at festivals / venues. My tech rider specified "Fender Twin or Roland JC-120". I frequently found the house / backline Twin was pretty fried; they often had bad tubes, and had been subjected to abuse by other touring guitarists. It seemed like the JC-120s were always in better shape, and I started to prefer them simply because they were indestructible, and handled pedals well. Mind you, this was a time when I was using Boogie amps / cabs, so it wasn't a fair comparison to my personal rig. But we played a lot of festivals where the stage crew asked all bands to use the backline to minimize changeover time. I learned to like the JC-120 as a reliable workhorse.

Thanks for this :) I love my cleans. Absolute Madness that the stock cab for the 120 was taken away! Anyone know where I can get another? Preferably Ultra Res IR for the jazz Chorus 120?

Anyone know where I can get another? Preferably Ultra Res IR for the jazz Chorus 120?

Free ones... check axechange (search jc-120), someone shot a left and right Ultra Res IR from their JC-120 and posted them.

For a few bucks, check out the recent Cab Pack 21. It has some JC-120 love in it, as well as 10 other awesome 1x and 2x cab offerings...

Free ones... check axechange (search jc-120), someone shot a left and right Ultra Res IR from their JC-120 and posted them.

For a few bucks, check out the recent Cab Pack 21. It has some JC-120 love in it, as well as 10 other awesome 1x and 2x cab offerings...

Thanks for the "free ones..." info h.c.e :)

It is a quick recording using the JC 120 Wellspring_UR_Vol1 Cab-Pack 21 IRs

(2X12 Jazz 120 313 C & 2X12 Jazz 120 421 A)

this is a chord progression (minor blues named Turkish Coffee) i'm working on, from the Larry Coryell excellent book "Jazz Guitar"

Sorry Larry ;)

Anybody know what year JC-120 the Cab Pack 21 IRs are based on? My understanding is that the speakers have changed a number of times over the years....but I could be wrong.

RR

Try getting it where you want, and then adjusting all your other patches (via the Level control in the Amp block) to match it in loudness. Do this by playing at gig volume.

Problem solved :)
Honest truth tried, but I'm talking one amp! That would mean adjusting everthing for one amp..cheers though mate

Back
Top Bottom