Fractal Audio AMP models: Hipower (Hiwatt DR103)

What's the name of the cab pack you purchased? And where did you get it from?
I don't see any on their site currently and the one I got (cab legends) contains the same cab you find in the axe fx and is in ultrares format only.

The Amp Factory - The pack is called "Vintage Legends". It is not in his online store - I emailed him "contact us" on the website and asked for information. Andy replied back and was able to sell me this pack for 59.99 British Pounds. The files come as .wav and there are 6 or 7 other famous cabs in the offering. He was very professional and fast to respond. I am sure he will be able to offer this to any customer. I was able to convert these in Cab Manager in Axe Edit but I haven't auditioned any yet. I was interested especially in the Neumann mic. Please let me know if you also invest in the package and what you think. I am very new to this and I hope I am explaining and acting correctly as far as the forum goes.

The Amp Factory - The pack is called "Vintage Legends". It is not in his online store - I emailed him "contact us" on the website and asked for information. Andy replied back and was able to sell me this pack for 59.99 British Pounds. The files come as .wav and there are 6 or 7 other famous cabs in the offering. He was very professional and fast to respond. I am sure he will be able to offer this to any customer. I was able to convert these in Cab Manager in Axe Edit but I haven't auditioned any yet. I was interested especially in the Neumann mic. Please let me know if you also invest in the package and what you think. I am very new to this and I hope I am explaining and acting correctly as far as the forum goes.
Thanks, I'll send him an email to ask additional info.
I suspect it's just the wav version of the old pack though, price and contents look identical to the pack I already have.

PS: these are the cabs in the old pack

View attachment 58540
yup - same but nice for those who don't have it. My apologies if I caused any confusion. Worth owning for sure. The descriptions were added tho ** Jensens (Clapton's Amps) - pre rola (Brian May) - Tango - (Oasis) - Basketweave (Hendrix) - GH12T (SRV) - StarClassic (Gilmour) - Watkins (Who). Maybe you already knew this.

PS: these are the cabs in the old pack

View attachment 58540
Just to follow up on this. I went through all 48 IRs using a looper and the factory one "MIX" in legacy cabs doesn't match exactly any in the TAF Cab pack - but most likely came from a combination/mix of the IRs in that package - they are very similiar. All are nice - I settled on the "U47 Off Center" for my Pink Floyd presets. It just satisfied my ear and behaved a touch less "trebly" on the Mission Gemini FRFR wedge I use. It was amazing how different each of the 48 IR's were eq wise. Not that it would matter but the U47 and similar condenser mics appear in front of Gilmour's cabinets in a lot of photos.

Just to follow up on this. I went through all 48 IRs using a looper and the factory one "MIX" in legacy cabs doesn't match exactly any in the TAF Cab pack - but most likely came from a combination/mix of the IRs in that package - they are very similiar. All are nice - I settled on the "U47 Off Center" for my Pink Floyd presets. It just satisfied my ear and behaved a touch less "trebly" on the Mission Gemini FRFR wedge I use. It was amazing how different each of the 48 IR's were eq wise. Not that it would matter but the U47 and similar condenser mics appear in front of Gilmour's cabinets in a lot of photos.
So how much was that cab package?

I don't know about the others but I'm pretty sure the starfound mix in the axe fx III is the "mix+room" contained in the cab pack

Here you go!
Some of them use the hiwatt model, in the others you'll find my attempt to emulate the alembic+hiwatt combo.
I included the cabs in the presets cuz I made a slightly "dephased" version of the wem IR and a mix of wem and marshall cabs.
Presets are for the ax8, I use scenes for the various parts of the songs (not all scenes are used).
Enjoy and let me know what you think ;)

Ps: if you find some presets have too much gain (e.g. Shine and Coming back to life) that's because I roll off guitar volume to clean it up.

@DCL86 Thank you very much for sharing these presets. I don't know how I could have missed that

They do not translate very well when converting to the Axe-FX III, and your User CAB cannot be recovered. I will try to do some restoration work.

I have the AMP Factory Legends pack. I will try with the StarFound

edit: I've managed to recover the IRs. AxeTool has one option "Save Bundle cabs" that allows to save the IRs in Axe-FX III format.
Something is not translating well, though. Probably the AMP block, since there have been several revisions. I am using a Strat with SSL-5/Fat50/Fat50

Last edited:
@DCL86 Thank you very much for sharing these presets. I don't know how I could have missed that

They do not translate very well when converting to the Axe-FX III, and your User CAB cannot be recovered. I will try to do some restoration work.

I have the AMP Factory Legends pack. I will try with the StarFound

edit: I've managed to recover the IRs. AxeTool has one option "Save Bundle cabs" that allows to save the IRs in Axe-FX III format.
Something is not translating well, though. Probably the AMP block, since there have been several revisions. I am using a Strat with SSL-5/Fat50/Fat50
Yeah, I had to rebuild most of those presets from scratch when I got the axe fx III. Later today I will post those 😉

@Piing I did not forget you, but it'll be a few more days cuz I haven't played those presets for quite some time so I need to check they still sound good on the latest FW before posting them.

It took a bit of time but here we go!

In all these presets I use one of my own IRs (you can find it here, it's the one called BB212 F70-R M5 Cone 6in) and out3 feeds a real cab.

Consider though that these are not meant to sound as close as possible to the records like the old ones, they're just my personal tones that work for me when rehearsing/playing live with my band.

Let me know what ya think

PS: all of them should work on the fm3 just by reducing the reverb quality and by rearranging the routing in those having a longer signal chain.

Attachments

• COMING BACK TO LIFE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
  • RUN LIKE HELL.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 23
  • COMFORTABLY NUMB.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 27
  • ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IN THE FLESHTHE THIN ICE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Echoes.syx