Fractal Audio AMP models: Euro Blue and Red (Bogner Ecstasy)

He said use your ears... diming them worked for me. There's alot 9f bass in the XTC so that control may be the one most open to personal opinion.

I did that on the real XTC I need to try it in the Axe (I had the amp being modeled, 6L6 20th)

Michael pulls some of the best tones on YT in my opinion, but this is something else. Love it!

Challenge for ya, build a preset for the AX8 nailing these tones, clean and dirty

Certainly be an interesting video

So I just tried the settings on Euro Blue Modern

Gain to taste I had it at 3 oclock
Bass 9 o'clock
Middle Treble and Presence all dimed.
Default cab I think.

No harshness with my setup. Line6 PC+, sounded just like I recall from the amp itself. Beefy, saturated, but with more cut to satisfy a Marshall guy

Do the real amp have a brightness switch?
I let it Always off as default setting.
Are you guys always use the amp boost like ts 808?
Doesn't it steal a bit of the amp's character?
You can set a low cut and increase the treble instead.

Do the real amp have a brightness switch?
I let it Always off as default setting.
Are you guys always use the amp boost like ts 808?
Doesn't it steal a bit of the amp's character?
You can set a low cut and increase the treble instead.
The XTC has a 3 way bright switch
N =off. B1 is like a slightly lower than Marshall bright , B2 is bright but also adds in some upper mids to , where they are set is dependent on the guitars etc

You can use the input boost on the amp all that is doing is shaping and focusing the lows a bit more it’s not adding much gain .

There are also many different versions of XTCs , the one in the Axe is the 20th and it is quite a bit different than the 101b that most are familiar with
To build a 101b you would need to have more knowledge of the values used , Fractal audio might be able to answer that one , I can’t
By ears and EQ the 101b is thicker in the low mids and more compression

And what do you say to Bosster vs EQ?
I personally like the amp boost
I use the screamer type or FAS boost and I like the RED channel in V
What I like about the XTC is the clarity but I think it can get flubby without a boost , unless you are careful w bass and depth , or you want to play tight metal

Had also first a TS 808 as Boost but I want to conquer the XTC without Boost, simply also to get to know him better, is better for our relationship.

Am currently in the Red Channel at Gain 3 Bass 2 Treble 8 and Bright Switch on. That sounds damn good and currently feels better than with a boost, possibly it is the higher bass content than with TS808 although the bass control is on 2. Also it is moreb3 dimensional within a boost

Last edited:
Note that in the video, the amps are connected to different cabs, which accounts for the differences.

What also works very well is to set the gain control of the Euro blue modern to 1.5 or 2, depending on your taste, then some low end is lost, so turn up the bass control fully and bright switch on, it's the best clean sound I've made in the FM3 so far.

Back
Top Bottom