Fractal Audio AMP models: Euro Blue and Red (Bogner Ecstasy)

Bogner Blue (non-Modern) is one of my all-time, desert island, favorites amps! Love it Yek.

One reason I did Cab Pack 17 was because I had paired my real 101b EL34 Ecstasy amp with a 1X12 Bogner Shiva Cab with a Classic Lead 80 for a years worth of gigs on 6th street in Austin Texas, and just loved that tone (and was constantly complimented on it) -- and wanted to recreate it with the AXE FX.

If you have that cab pack, do check out the sounds of the Bogner 1x12 IRs with the XTC amp model, as well as the Shiver (Shiva) amp...

One reason I did Cab Pack 17 was because I had paired my real 101b EL34 Ecstasy amp with a 1X12 Bogner Shiva Cab with a Classic Lead 80 for a years worth of gigs on 6th street in Austin Texas, and just loved that tone (and was constantly complimented on it) -- and wanted to recreate it with the AXE FX.

Was actually just seriously considering picking up CP 17 this past weekend… definitey know what my next cab pack purchase is going to be for sure now ;)

Last edited:
Bogner Blue (non-Modern) is one of my all-time, desert island, favorites amps! Love it Yek.

If you have that cab pack, do check out the sounds of the Bogner 1x12 IRs with the XTC amp model, as well as the Shiver (Shiva) amp...

Whoa, that cab sound ex-ce-llent with the Blue. Thanks for the tip, Buddy!

It is a dark cab, so I really have to crank Presence (9 or 10) to compensate.

I have the AxeFx... where is the setting for more talent and knob for better touch!?!?! Seriously, Yek... I love this series and many days I'm inspired to run home and crank up my rig so I can experiment with the amp model you've featured that day. Please keep it up.

As a relative noob to FAS gear and someone without 20years of real amp/cab experience, I too often feel overwhelmed and find myself reading everything I can but still swinging in the dark. :( For example, I tried the Bogner XTC models last night and struggled to get a tone that I like. Very discouraging! Any body care to give some hints and maybe post their favourite presets? I really like the tone in the Steve Lukather vid above. Other than adding some delay, I'm at a loss for adjusting the AMP/CAB blocks and, other than selecting a factory Bogner option picking an appropriate IR.

I know this is more of a preset or axe-change request but it pertains specifically to this amp and Yek's series. Many thanx as I climb this steep learning curve!

hi guys, I rarely post anything in this forum anymore... reason is, I went back to a real amp. In fact a Bogner Ecstasy 101 B. I always gravitated to the model in the Axe II and finally got to play the real deal... Man. To me the best amp ever made....

I have the AxeFx... where is the setting for more talent and knob for better touch!?!?! Seriously, Yek... I love this series and many days I'm inspired to run home and crank up my rig so I can experiment with the amp model you've featured that day. Please keep it up.

As a relative noob to FAS gear and someone without 20years of real amp/cab experience, I too often feel overwhelmed and find myself reading everything I can but still swinging in the dark. :( For example, I tried the Bogner XTC models last night and struggled to get a tone that I like. Very discouraging! Any body care to give some hints and maybe post their favourite presets? I really like the tone in the Steve Lukather vid above. Other than adding some delay, I'm at a loss for adjusting the AMP/CAB blocks and, other than selecting a factory Bogner option picking an appropriate IR.

I know this is more of a preset or axe-change request but it pertains specifically to this amp and Yek's series. Many thanx as I climb this steep learning curve!

Maybe this will work, if you play LOUD:

Euro Blue (not Modern):

Input Drive 8
Bass 3.5
Mid 3
Treble 5
Bright ON
Presence 10

Stock Cab 12

Whoa, that cab sound ex-ce-llent with the Blue. Thanks for the tip, Buddy!

It is a dark cab, so I really have to crank Presence (9 or 10) to compensate.

Thanks. With the Bogner Ecstasy, my presence control is always around 3:00 o'clock - meaning set between 7.25 and 8.

I actually used the real Bogner Ecstasy I owned with the bright switches off, but mine was earlier model.

You can set a wild card footswitch to use the "amp boost" function on the fly, which is pretty close to what happens with the real amp.

Do a R121 and Sm57 mix with that speaker cab, push the SM57 for the treble you want... :)

Last edited:
hi guys, I rarely post anything in this forum anymore... reason is, I went back to a real amp. In fact a Bogner Ecstasy 101 B. I always gravitated to the model in the Axe II and finally got to play the real deal... Man. To me the best amp ever made....

I have to say I agree, it is the best balls-out Rock N Roll amp I've ever played! I wish Cliff would model the Plexi from the Ecstasy, there is something magical about that channel in addition to the Blue, and I also really loved the clean channel too! You can do any rock gig with that amp.

Bogner and Road King II - man you must have had a full time road crew ... Two of my favorite amps (that I never owned)
HA! wish I had a road crew!!! Thanks, they are cool amps with tons of flavors....about the road crew...well, that is one of the main reasons that I'm diving into the FAS gear....it's a lot lighter :)

I would like to see a 100b
and just the blue from a 101b like austin buddy has, its a different blue channel from the 20th

Falling in love with the Euro Blue/Red models again ...

Reminded me that a couple weeks ago I spent a good portion of the afternoon dialing in a new "killer tone" on some amp, and the next day I pulled out a different guitar, totally excited to try it out on my awesome patch from the night before. I spent about 30 minutes just loving the sounds I was getting, and was feeling super satisfied that the effort I had put in the previous day was working so well on two different types of guitars and still eliciting great inspiring tones. Then I looked down and discovered I was one bank off on my MFC and had actually selected my old standby basic Euro patch, and not my new patch I was expecting such great things from.... Short story made long, the Euro model is just thaaaat good I guess, it'll repay your love time and time again ;)

Also, goes to show that when you have amp models that respond really well to changes in the volume and tone knob on the guitar you can cover a lot of ground on just one preset.. Frankly I blame fractal for packing too many great and usable models in the one box and making the temptation to cheat on you favorite amp tone so strong :)

Last edited:
Went back and reworked my Euro Blue (classic) tones; set up x/y for two tones (less gain, more gain) and then the related scenes. Played it a good portion of yesterday. Thanks for everyone's suggestions ... my "Y" patch started with yek's suggested settings (no cab though - real ones in stereo).

Now, just after watching fremen's video on using an expression pedal to vary gain states with more options (vs. X/Y and Scenes), I might do likewise to get a whole range of gain (at the input and through the fx chain) to enhance the patch with exp 1 on the various modifiers.

Of course this amp responds very well to guitar volume rolls (up and down), but the exp. pedal video is powerful.

Anyone know if the "boost" switch in the Axe-FX model is modeled on the behavior of the actual boost switch on the real amp?

Back
Top Bottom