Fractal Audio AMP models: Car Roamer (Carr Rambler)

I immediately reduced input trim to 0.5, and I got some real good sounds with this one. It is a great Fenderish sound.
Rocket Brother mentioned the Reinau Tweeds, and though I never owned one, I know the man very well, as he has helped me tweak several other real amps. His Tweeds are awesome, and I think, I got some of the same vibe from this Rambler. Btw, Reinau showed me how Tweeds can be matched with almost any speaker and give different but good results. Try a Celestion Blue for a much more British flavor.

Now that you mention it - I remember (pre Quantum FW) going back and forth with the model and the real amp, to get the model to sound and behave (dynamically) right, and I remember struggling a bit in the beginning.
I have the original 12" Kingpin speaker in mine, so the Axe Fx Rambler model + the Rambler IR's doesn't sound like my real amp.
I matched the Axe model by ear to my real amp and then tweaked the preset further to get a sound that I actually prefered to the real amp.
Sometimes I ended up overdoing it and strayed to far from the sound of my real amp and had to remake my Rambler preset. So for awhile I went back and forth as to which I preferred, real amp or Axe Rambler preset.

Right now I have a very simple Rambler preset in my XL+ with two different IR's.
IIRC one is one of the Rambler IR's and the other is an EVM 12L IR - perfect match for our current line up and material - and IMO this preset easily sounds as good as the real amp when played through my CLR wedges or through FOH.
In fact I'm contemplating selling the real amp - something I've previously sworn that I'd never ever do.

I'd interested in that preset. ;-)

I immediately reduced input trim to 0.5, and I got some real good sounds with this one. It is a great Fenderish sound.
Rocket Brother mentioned the Reinau Tweeds, and though I never owned one, I know the man very well, as he has helped me tweak several other real amps. His Tweeds are awesome, and I think, I got some of the same vibe from this Rambler. Btw, Reinau showed me how Tweeds can be matched with almost any speaker and give different but good results. Try a Celestion Blue for a much more British flavor.

Reinau is a very cool dude indeed, so friendly, and he certainly has the Tweed Deluxe thing down perfectly no matter if you want a bone stock Deluxe or his Modern Deluxe.
My Reinau Tweed Deluxe Modern is my smallest and lightest amp, but with a few pedals I can play any genre on it except Heavy Metal - which I never play anyway.
Every Reinau Tweed that I've tried has convincingly put the Tweed Deluxe offerings that I've tried from Clark, Victoria and Fender to shame.

Sorry for the high-jack - back to discussing the lovely Carr Rambler (Roamer)

Last edited:
I'd interested in that preset. ;-)

Yek - you're most welcome to get it, it's nothing special but it just works really well for what I need it to do.
I won't be with my Axe rig until midweek or next weekend, but I'll mail it or PM it to you then.

send you an PM as well

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom