Fractal Audio AMP models: Capt Hook (Hook Captain 34)

Still digging this amp - made an error the other day and ended up loving the tone. Was using channel 1a with no compression and happenstance was I played using the neck humbucker on 2/3rd volume (PRS P24 57/08s) and what a beautiful purr. Normally I'm on the bridge full on for the zing, but boy-howdy was that a great discovery.

Ooooh good lord have mercy ... I'm gonna have to run this thru it's paces if I can find it

Is it just me not hearing something right, but I just don't care for a P90 clean tone. But the overdriven sounds there are to die for!!

Mmmm mmmm good .....

Still digging this amp - made an error the other day and ended up loving the tone. Was using channel 1a with no compression and happenstance was I played using the neck humbucker on 2/3rd volume (PRS P24 57/08s) and what a beautiful purr. Normally I'm on the bridge full on for the zing, but boy-howdy was that a great discovery.
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.
- Bob Ross
bob%20ross%20fractal.jpg

i'm loving this amp as well. i have it set up like this for a nice fusion tone..using model 3a...

drive 7
bass 2.5
mid 8
treb 6
pres 5
master volume 6

put a fet boost in front
drive 3
tone 5
level 7
clip type si diode
low cut 140
high cut 6100
mid 2db
mid freq 600

i like it through
F131 tv mix 1
F103 basketweave tv mix
in a stereo cab

back off the volume control on your guitar, so it's not too gainy!

if you want to go from here to a rhythm tone, turn off the drive and reduce input trim on the amp
Whoooaaaaooo. This is a rollercoaster ride with P90s. Wonderful In all pickup 3 positions. Thank you!

Bit late to the party here but I’ve always had fun playing with the hook amp. I just never know exactly what I want from it or what to do with it! Will be experimenting in the near future. But have any of you tried hooking up an expression pedal to the input gain or input trim and just picked one channel to go from clean to mean? Which channel do you think would work best with this approach?

Bit late to the party here but I’ve always had fun playing with the hook amp. I just never know exactly what I want from it or what to do with it! Will be experimenting in the near future. But have any of you tried hooking up an expression pedal to the input gain or input trim and just picked one channel to go from clean to mean? Which channel do you think would work best with this approach?

Try it and see. I haven’t tried it myself. Might work great. Try both of the higher gain channels. This was my main amp for awhile. It does 80-90’s rock pretty well. The clean channel is great.

Back
Top Bottom