Fractal Audio AMP models: Brit Silver (Marshall Silver Jubilee)

I tried that, and it was too bassy for me - I went full-on eighties instead with mids 9, treble 8 and bass or something like that. That sings in a beautiful 80ies fashion.

Going to take a run at those JB settings tonight. Bass at 10? Woo.

I just tried these settings myself and blown away. At default settings, i'd normally just pass over this model and have just learned how important the Master Volume is. These threads have been the most helpful for learning about the models by way of suggested settings.

The tone controls are super powerful on this model. I like it with bass at 9, mid at 7, treb at 8, gain on abot 4 ir 5. Through some greenbacks. The original cab had V30s in it, but try tv mix 1 or 2 for some really nice chewy leads. Just nudge the mid and treb to taste. You can also hike presence up to about 8 if you like some sparkle

I've owned a few Jubilees, though I'm admittedly several years removed from my last one. This model seems to have less gain than I remember the real thing having and even less than the Brit 800 (on my AX8, though that shouldn't matter). Should the Sat Switch be on by default? The lead channel of the Jubilee gets some of its gain from a diode clipping circuit, which I thought would be congruous to engaging the sat switch. With it set to authentic the gain level seems closer to what I remember. Or maybe my memory is just fuzzy...

EDIT: Never mind, I had a filter block set to cut a few dBs in front of the amp. Sounds awesome now!

Last edited:
This was never G3'd right? It's modeled with schematics only without the actual amp?

Can someone confirm?

Does anybody know what's the parameter for Lead Master in the Axe?
On the actual amp you have Output Master, Lead Master and Input Gain. Output Master = Master Vol
Input Gain = Input Drive
Lead Master = ?
If you are on the Lead Channel and crank it, you get a different tone. It's not just a volume control of the Lead Channel IMO.

Can someone confirm?

On the actual amp you have Output Master, Lead Master and Input Gain. Output Master = Master Vol
Input Gain = Input Drive
Lead Master = ?
If you are on the Lead Channel and crank it, you get a different tone. It's not just a volume control of the Lead Channel IMO.

Anyone?

Absolutely loving the Joe Bonamassa settings on this. W/ my high output dimarzio humbuckers i get a real gnarly rhythm sound, perfect for Satriani tunes from the Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards album. Not super saturated, but just enough. It's awesome

If you really want to blow your mind, swap out the default tone stack with one of the Dumbles.

This amp becomes even more of a beast IMHO for both guitar and bass.

Going to take a run at those JB settings tonight. Bass at 10? Woo.
Didn't care for bass on 10 for a Bonamassa tone. But pair this up with the Bogfish Brown set to just crunchy, and that amp provides the woody honk against the Silver's clear highs and lows. That sounds more like Joe to me!

Try this model with a stereo cab with factory cab 106 and a brighter IR of your choice if you want more sizzle.

i've literally just been jamming on this amp...loving it with Q5!

i'm running it through the original ownhammer chinese v30 (cab pack 3). gain on 5, bass on 10, mid on 7.3, treb on 6 and pres on 7

the les paul sounds godly...superb blues tone

with a little boost in front from the GEQ 8 band set with a mid hump and 3.5db of gain, it's amazing

Can someone confirm?

Input Gain = Input Drive
Lead Master = ?
Just started exploring this model and wondering the same thing.

What's knobs in comparison to the real deal? And, is this the lead channel that has been modeled or crunch?

Can someone confirm?

Input Gain = Input Drive
Lead Master = ?
Just started exploring this model and wondering the same thing.

What's knobs in comparison to the real deal? And, is this the lead channel that has been modeled or crunch?
Has anyone figured this out? I've been struggling a bit with this one.

I love this amp - I know what you all mean, I used an original for years and most modellers just don't get it right.

With the latest firmware, Fractal have got it for me.

Firstly set the AC freq to 50Hz (at least for me, since I'm in the UK that's how I heard the amp originally)

Then don't be afraid to crank the tone controls, on the original for the longest time I ran BMT at 10 and presence at 5.

Input drive all the way up - or close to, master at 5-6.

Then play with the saturation option, I like it at ideal - gives a little more drive than the real thing maybe but that's not a bad thing.

All of the above get you I think in the ball park - then it's down to IR selection

Back
Top Bottom