Fractal Audio AMP models: Brit Silver (Marshall Silver Jubilee)

I love this amp - I know what you all mean, I used an original for years and most modellers just don't get it right.

With the latest firmware, Fractal have got it for me.

Firstly set the AC freq to 50Hz (at least for me, since I'm in the UK that's how I heard the amp originally)

Then don't be afraid to crank the tone controls, on the original for the longest time I ran BMT at 10 and presence at 5.

Input drive all the way up - or close to, master at 5-6.

Then play with the saturation option, I like it at ideal - gives a little more drive than the real thing maybe but that's not a bad thing.

All of the above get you I think in the ball park - then it's down to IR selection

Cool i will try it again. I didnt spend enough time with it to be honest

I love this amp - I know what you all mean, I used an original for years and most modellers just don't get it right.

With the latest firmware, Fractal have got it for me.

Firstly set the AC freq to 50Hz (at least for me, since I'm in the UK that's how I heard the amp originally)

Then don't be afraid to crank the tone controls, on the original for the longest time I ran BMT at 10 and presence at 5.

Input drive all the way up - or close to, master at 5-6.

Then play with the saturation option, I like it at ideal - gives a little more drive than the real thing maybe but that's not a bad thing.

All of the above get you I think in the ball park - then it's down to IR selection
Thanks peteri, I'll give it a try.

Just to add, I dialled in a sound with one tonight for fun.

Something which struck me which might surprise is that it’s a little tricky to dial in, which matches my memory of the amp and my experience with the re-issues as well - they’re wonderful amps but not one of those ‘always sounds amazing’ ones

Very much one trick ponies but a great trick once you find it

Back
Top Bottom