Fractal Audio AMP models: Boutique (Matchless Chieftain)

Anyone have a favorite IR(s) that they use with this amp? Haven't had much luck getting a good sound with the stock Boutique IRs. Or maybe it's just that my ears just don't care for this one!

I loved the Boutique cab with this amp, I think it has the good chime.

But I like my personal favorite combo more. F093 2x12 Class-A 30W Blue Mix combined with -3 dB of F034 4x12 Basketweave G12H30 (RW) (the F-numbers are the cab numbers in Ax8 - may be different on AxeFX) - I actually love both cleans and drives from this amp.

I loved the Boutique cab with this amp, I think it has the good chime.

But I like my personal favorite combo more. F093 2x12 Class-A 30W Blue Mix combined with -3 dB of F034 4x12 Basketweave G12H30 (RW) (the F-numbers are the cab numbers in Ax8 - may be different on AxeFX) - I actually love both cleans and drives from this amp.

That's a big help. Using F034 with F103, the Basketweave TV, sounds really good, especially on a Strat in positions 2&4. Thank you!

I love this amp but found the low end a little mushy with the standard cab. I'm a guy who uses a pair of Hiwatt DR103s w/ ev12ls so I'm a little spoiled. So, I added a 2nd cab, the rumble with 4 x EVs and I think it totally kills!

Does anybody know of any other Ultra res IRs with an EV12L? I'd like to play with this some more and not sure the rumble is the best choice. Thx!

I've played this amp for the first time today with the FW 2.02 and enjoyed it very much. Usually I'm tweaking the most of the time but now I've dialed it quickly in with the TV Mix 1 cab, put both coil taps to single, just played it for an hour or two and it was gorgeous (Boutique 2). Both on the bridge and on the neck pickup. With the compressor in front set to dynamic, I've squeezed the funk out I've never heard before with my Axe unit.

Hmmm... never tried the 'dynamic' setting in the compressor - I need to give that a spin

neither did I. :)

Try the dynamic parameter set a bit into the negative, like -2 or -2.5 or whatever you like. That way it compresses the signal (positive values expand it).

This amp was one of my first go-to presets, from a stock preset Boutique 1...fired it up, didn't change much and used it quite a bit. However, it has been ignored for quite some time, so I went back to the old preset, set the amp up pretty much as described by Yek, sounds great and it is AGAIN back on my list of often used.....until that changes again ;-)

I realize I posted earlier how I lkie this model, but last night in Q7, the BOUTIQUE 1 (based on Matchless Chieftain) the clarity, note separation, and gritty distortion was amazing. Using bridge humbuckers (PRS) the toans were heaven. Great harmonic content, but each string was so clear (unusual on the PRS humbuckers). Just Killer!

I just tried the D-30 out in place of the AC 30 in my Foo Fighters preset and did a tone match from a flac file of All My Life and its brilliant! Here is the tone match if you are interested.

Attachments

• allmyllfe2_20191004_171242.blk
    3.4 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom