Fractal Audio AMP models: Atomica (Cameron Atomica)

Holy crap you weren't kidding... this is THE brown sound... so sweeeeeet to play, I think this is my new favorite amp, tried it once when I first got the AXE FX didn't know how to set it up and discarded it.

I was a dumbass. :D

Thanks so much for doing this Yek! I had never heard of this amp before this and didn't know the cool backstory and legend. I love old VH and just started playing around with this amp and wow it has potential to improve my brown tones! Awesome!

Thank You for doing this Yek!

Because of reading this, yesterday I was inspired to play a whole show using just this amp.

Does the Cameron Atomica have a tube rectifier or a solid state rectifier?

I'm trying to figure out why I like it so much

Is there a list somewhere that would tell us whether or not an amp has tube or SS rectifier?

I'd like to know out of all the 200+ amps that we have in our AXE FX, which ones are tube rectifier and which ones are solid state.

No offense, but why does the type of rectifier used matter?

To quote a dude named Ed, "If it sounds good, it is good."

Anyways, I'm super happy this thread was posted because this amp is Jimmy Walker certified dyn-o-mite! I thought it was a modern high gainer and ignored it. Now, I can't stop playing it.

Dankuwel for putting these threads up, Yek.
The little stories/info regarding the amps are fascinating and informative and I appreciate the tone tips.
I am especially looking forward to anything on Cali Leggy!

Does anyone know if the Cameron Atomica has a tube rectifier or a solid state rectifier?

I just fell on the Atomica the other day and I am curious about whether it was a tube or solid state rectifier too. Looks like its been asked before but does any one know?

Reading this again a year later I noticed that I haven't got that keyboard-guys = guitar-tone deaf formula out my head (see post 10). Aarrgh!

Back
Top Bottom