Fractal Audio AMP models: 59 Bassguy ('59 Fender Tweed Bassman, 5F6-A)

Here's some additional Bassman trivia...
The face plate is labeled upside down cause the players used to stand behind the amp, this way the actually saw ...bass, middle, trebke...

First Tweed "re-issues" were done by Peavey as in Peavey Classic. Didn't sound anything like a 5F6.

In 87 THD made the first Bassman clone that actually sounded like a Bassman.
That started the entire vintage re-issue trend...
With Kendrick etc... Following.
If you want to play around with the difference in feel of early Bassman clones...as well as early Fender reissue up the B+ and lower the sag since they had sold state rectifiers.

Also that one is a good one to play with transformer match
THD back then didn't even tell you with position of the impedance selector on their Bassman copy was what. Called it a mode selector.

BTW about narrow vs wide vs TV front...
Wide panel has narrow on sides, wide panel on top.
TV panel has all wide panels.

Seen some custom out together V front ala Tweed Super as well.

Just to add the details from Greg's video...

Bright channel input, dime or crank volume to taste (or lower according to yek), treble off, bass off, mids full up, presence full up

Just tried this and oh my god! With a strat it was a religious experience! Thank you so much for posting this. The only thing I changed was added the boost switch and bam just awesome! Such an expressive amp!!

Man oh man, I just tried that tone setting trick (which never would have occurred to me to try), input drive default 5, but crank up input trim to 4 (I'm playing through a strat), and I'm rockin'.

Then I put a Blues OD pedal in front with drive 2.5, tone 3, level 2, and it's making my night! Nice chimey cleans to angry classic rock with guitar vol knob

Edit: bix and I are in parallel universes! Those Blues OD settings will help cut better in a band mix.

Just to add the details from Greg's video...

Bright channel input, dime or crank volume to taste (or lower according to yek), treble off, bass off, mids full up, presence full up

I used to have a 59 RI and loved it, but I could not make the AX8 give me the magic. Tried this above setting, now I am on my way to glorious tones. Delicious cleans and gotcha crunches. Thanks! Great amp in Fractal.

Does anybody know the difference between the mig 50 by sovtek and the 5f6a? Do they share the same Layout?

Back
Top Bottom