Fractal Audio AMP models: 5153 (EVH 5150-III)

I've been messing with the Green channel in the studio today…
really cooking it up with high input-gain settings and the boost switch on..
you can get a lot of gain out of the Green channel this way but it has a very different character to the Blue and Red channels
liking this a lot..

Yek, this series of amp reviews is great. You've got me trying out some amps that I've never really messed with much before, and I'm creating some great tones (especially with the Fenders). Thanks so much!

I've been messing with the Green channel in the studio today…
really cooking it up with high input-gain settings and the boost switch on..
you can get a lot of gain out of the Green channel this way but it has a very different character to the Blue and Red channels
liking this a lot..
When I owned one of these, it was one of the cool things about this amp, the 'clean' channel could sound like a plexi at full tilt. Was a great overdrive channel in its own right.

When I owned one of these, it was one of the cool things about this amp, the 'clean' channel could sound like a plexi at full tilt. Was a great overdrive channel in its own right.

to be honest… this sort of tone is seriously not my sort of thing..
however.. I found myself really enjoying it.. surprisingly so

I'm gasing for a real amp just for the fun, and the EVH 50 w combo is currently the most appealing one for me... But 29.5 kg, ouch

I own the 50watt head, and its a GREAT amp. That said, since getting my Matrix amp and FR212 several months ago, the amp and EVH412 have been living in my cupboard o_O

Totally in love with the 50w Blue model recently, ever since watching Misha's demonstration of Cab Pack 13. So heavy! It's going to appear on my EP as the main rhythm tone with my super secret Cab Pack 7 IR mix that seems to sound good with absolutely everything.

Totally in love with the 50w Blue model recently, ever since watching Misha's demonstration of Cab Pack 13. So heavy! It's going to appear on my EP as the main rhythm tone with my super secret Cab Pack 7 IR mix that seems to sound good with absolutely everything.

Uh, what's the use of telling everyone that something is fantastic and then adding that you're going to keep it super secret?

Last edited:
Looking at the link that shows Eddie's actual settings, I'm surprised that he has so little mids and so much bass dialed in. But I haven't used this amp model yet so I assume it works with it.

Uh, what's the use of telling everyone that something is fantastic and then adding that you're going to keep it super secret?

Because it took me several months holed up in the studio to perfect. I'm not about to release that information for free.

(It was said sarcastically as I always give out IR info :relaxed:)

I'm a 5153 fan boy. I have the standard 100 watt, 50 watt and the Stealth. But they now collect dust. The 5153 100 watt blue amp block is my main rig setup on the Axe and AX8. It's sounds identical to my tube amp rig. Oh and FYI, Eddie's settings have never worked well for me. Not enough mid's. Everything about noon always seems to work fantastic in a live mix. I end up setting the amp controls exactly like my real amp live. A true testament to the work Cliff put into these units.

Last edited:
Holy crap. Right. Listen to this:

Hear that?

I want that. I know Joe is Guitar -> Amp -> Cab. The Amp is a 5153 with the matching cab.

How the hell do you do that?

Back
Top Bottom