Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Does that mean only the demo does not connect by USB or does the full app not do so? I read the whole thread and it states that it will connect 'with a midi to USB converter', in this case the lightning to usb cable. Am I misreading it?

Edit: OK I re-read it and I cannot control the Axe-fx II XL+ by USB at all. Correct?

Does that mean only the demo does not connect by USB or does the full app not do so? I read the whole thread and it states that it will connect 'with a midi to USB converter', in this case the lightning to usb cable. Am I misreading it?

Edit: OK I re-read it and I cannot control the Axe-fx II XL+ by USB at all. Correct?
Not with ios. With Android you can.
With ios use a regular usb midi adapter or a Yamaha md-bt01.
What you bought is just an usb adapter, you now need something like a roland um-one (Google it).
Or a Yamaha md-bt01 if you wanna go the wireless route

OK - I returned the Lightning cable and bought an OTG cable for my Samsung and got it connected!!

I only have the demo at the moment - How is it restricted? What can it not do?

AlGrenadine, I'm a new AX8 user. Your app is excellent, and I'm in the process of getting the IO system set up and will be buying the app as soon as I get the support equipment.

I do have a question that may have already been asked. Whilst I love the idea of being able to edit on the move, I think what I also need is the ability of selecting presets during a set without doing a Fred Astaire, and needing glasses to see which preset I'm selecting; and having got the right one, tapping pedals to access the right Scene. Is there anyway to add a preset list to your app and allow the user to select say 1 of 6 saved presets and on which scene to open? Then from there return to the main page of the app (or stay on the preset list?). I have no idea of the feasibility of this, nor the difficulty of creating it.

Thanks

OK - I returned the Lightning cable and bought an OTG cable for my Samsung and got it connected!!

I only have the demo at the moment - How is it restricted? What can it not do?
It cannot edit blocks parameters apart Amp block, it has a splash screen displaying at regular interval, it cannot add blocks, move blocks i think etc... it's for demo
Also, it's restricted to 1.08 functions so all the new 1.09 and 1.10 adds are not present

AlGrenadine, I'm a new AX8 user. Your app is excellent, and I'm in the process of getting the IO system set up and will be buying the app as soon as I get the support equipment.

I do have a question that may have already been asked. Whilst I love the idea of being able to edit on the move, I think what I also need is the ability of selecting presets during a set without doing a Fred Astaire, and needing glasses to see which preset I'm selecting; and having got the right one, tapping pedals to access the right Scene. Is there anyway to add a preset list to your app and allow the user to select say 1 of 6 saved presets and on which scene to open? Then from there return to the main page of the app (or stay on the preset list?). I have no idea of the feasibility of this, nor the difficulty of creating it.

Thanks
Thanks,
There's actually a performance mode in beta testings, so it should be released this week if everything is fine ;)
It allows you to create sets of songs, each song is a preset recall with a perticular scene (or not), and a perticular tempo (or not). Moreover, it allows changing the current song with the reception of a midi CC...

Last edited:
Hi
Really enjoying the Fracpad on my Ipad Pro with my Axe FX2 (connected BT with Yamaha interface).
I did upgrade to Firmware 7.02 with the Fracpad without any issues although it is understandably slower. But how do I upgrade to Firmware 8.01? Do you have to write a new version of the app? The prompt for upgrading does not seem to come up automatically. Many thanks for this really useful app!
James

Hi
Really enjoying the Fracpad on my Ipad Pro with my Axe FX2 (connected BT with Yamaha interface).
I did upgrade to Firmware 7.02 with the Fracpad without any issues although it is understandably slower. But how do I upgrade to Firmware 8.01? Do you have to write a new version of the app? The prompt for upgrading does not seem to come up automatically. Many thanks for this really useful app!
James
Hi
No need for a new version of FracPad, just have to wait @Admin M@ or @FractalAudio to declare the version Q8.01 to be available in their RSS stream : http://www.fractalaudio.com/rss/firmware/firmware.xml

Then you'll be able to upgrade directly from FracPad ;)

How do I connect a block to another block on a different row in FracPad? I have long-pressed the block and selected 'connect to' but now what?

How do I connect a block to another block on a different row in FracPad? I have long-pressed the block and selected 'connect to' but now what?
Now select the grid slot you want to connect to.
Experiment things, it's always better to discover by yourself ;)

It cannot edit blocks parameters apart Amp block, it has a splash screen displaying at regular interval, it cannot add blocks, move blocks i think etc... it's for demo
Also, it's restricted to 1.08 functions so all the new 1.09 and 1.10 adds are not present

Thanks,
There's actually a performance mode in beta testings, so it should be released this week if everything is fine ;)
It allows you to create sets of songs, each song is a preset recall with a perticular scene (or not), and a perticular tempo (or not). Moreover, it allows changing the current song with the reception of a midi CC...

Thanks

Fantastic, I'll be looking for the

Thanks,

Thank you so much. It'll make the AX8 so much more gig friendly. It'll greatly enhance my ability to select rhythm sounds per song rather than get worried that the dead air time is ticking slowly by. All I need now is to link my Eventide H9 Max into the system and I'll die happy. Great product. Thanks you.
Hb

Thanks,

Hey Al,

I am trying the app on my Samsung tablet and having some issues:

1. After a couple of minutes, the app shows no links between the blocks, even if they are actually there.

2. Sometimes when I change presets, the block layout remains as it was in the previous preset.

3. The 'type' pull down for all blocks is blank.

4. I have to reboot the app many times.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Jim

Hey Al,

I am trying the app on my Samsung tablet and having some issues:

1. After a couple of minutes, the app shows no links between the blocks, even if they are actually there.

2. Sometimes when I change presets, the block layout remains as it was in the previous preset.

3. The 'type' pull down for all blocks is blank.

4. I have to reboot the app many times.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Jim
Your device may be an old android. So it may loose some midi data. Use a recent device...
See the log in the About window, it may contain a lot of CRC errors or things like that. That means your device looses data.
For the empty boxes it's because your firmware definitions are corrupt, because midi data got lost when updating them...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom