Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi Al,

Thanks so much for adding the switches mode. It is just what I needed. I see now that one can change presets in the upper left hand corner of the screen just like the big display mode. This works great.

I did have a lock up of the AX8 tonight while I was giving Ver 1.17 it a quick run through. It was late and I wasn't able to observe exactly what I was doing at the time. I think I was looking at the options in the the pull down menu in the upper left hand corner while in the Switches mode when all of a sudden everything froze. I had to recycle the AX8.

I will try to work with it some tomorrow or this weekend to see if it was just a one time thing or if I can steadily reproduce it.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to add the Switches mode. You Rock!!
Thanks, i doubt FracPad is responsible of this but if you happen to find a way to reproduce i'm interested ;)

@AlGrenadine, just a quick question about Fracpad. Are you able to install 3rd party presets and cabs through your app. For example, if I purchase a preset and cap pack and save them on the Dropbox or the Apple Files app, can they be uploaded to the AX8 unit without using a PC? Thanks!

Yes,
Presets and cabs saved to your tablet local storage can be uploaded. I didn't try with Dropbox but it should work in the same way

Just downloaded the IOS demo to trial with my AX8. I cant see what is limited in the free version (apart from the popup screens) the global menu is just blank - I assume due to demo limitation - are the demo limitations documented anywhere?

Yes,
Presets and cabs saved to your tablet local storage can be uploaded. I didn't try with Dropbox but it should work in the same way

Thank you @AlGrenadine! I’ll be purchasing your app as soon as my AX8 arrives. Is this thread your preferred method of contact for questions and technical support?

Just downloaded the IOS demo to trial with my AX8. I cant see what is limited in the free version (apart from the popup screens) the global menu is just blank - I assume due to demo limitation - are the demo limitations documented anywhere?
Only amp parameters are accessible in the demo, most modes are disabled like performance mode or realistic UI... And yes there's annoying splash.
And the demo is not updated with recent firmware definitions and newest functionalities

Yes,

Any idea why the “Load file” selection would be grayed out? I’m running iOS 11.2.6 on an iPhone X.

F862AB80-0B9F-440D-86B9-6B17369EB4EF.png

Because it only displays files saved from FracPad.
If you wanna open another file, use a filebrowser and click on that file then it will find the FracPad *.syx association

From android fracpad app can you access axechange to get patches?
I have searched and cannot find the answer.
Yes
FracPad is identical on every os. So you can just install the full mac or windows version for free and see what you'll get in the paid mobile versions ;)

Yes
FracPad is identical on every os. So you can just install the full mac or windows version for free and see what you'll get in the paid mobile versions ;)
Thanks very much for the fast reply. OTG adapter is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
In Mac I’m using FracPad and when I access Axechange I cannot find how to sort presets list by date / downloads etc - is it possible?

Thanks very much for the fast reply. OTG adapter is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
In Mac I’m using FracPad and when I access Axechange I cannot find how to sort presets list by date / downloads etc - is it possible?
No, you can search by artist, genre, uploader, keyword etc.. And it's sorted by date

Just purchased android version of FracPad - OTG adapter arrives today :) one more question for now sorry.....can you charge android while connected through OTG / USB to Axe FX II?

Just purchased android version of FracPad - OTG adapter arrives today :) one more question for now sorry.....can you charge android while connected through OTG / USB to Axe FX II?
Thanks for your order Mike :)
No i think you can't, as when in OTG mode the android device becomes the host, so it's him which should supply power to the connected device

But maybe a special cable exists? I'm interested if you find one :)

Edit : Exists !
www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-Power-Samsung-AtomicMarket/dp/B009YPYORM

Last edited:
Normally, the "Y" and "USB hubs" cables for Android do not charge the phone / tablet while using the OTG mode.
If it does, it will be done very badly. External power is usually for the USB device that we have connected to our Android terminal, such as an external hard drive, for example.
Look closely at the seller's specifications and customer reviews to find 1 that does. A greeting.

Last edited:
Exist a solution that could work well.
It would be just a matter of buying a wireless power base for your Android, where you put your Android device and charge your battery wirelessly.
In this way the Usb of the Android terminal would be exclusively for OTG, and the Android terminal load would be separately.
If you need power for the device connected to your Android, then Y cables and USB Hub with external power are used. Greetings and I hope it helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom