Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi Al, I downloaded the FracPad demo. I can see the .apk file in "Downloads" but it says "cannot open file".
You say Android 6 recommended. My Samsung SM-T110 tablet has Android 4.2.2 and the updates section says "the latest updates have already been installed". Will I be able to install FracPad on this tablet?

Thanks for the quick answer. I've downloaded the mac version to my desktop and it looks and feels great. Nice options too.
It's a shame I can't open the file on the tablet. Are you aware of a work-around?

There are probably unofficial firmwares (ROMs) for your tablet to update it to a more recent Android version. Search on XDA developers forum

AlGrenadine and DLC - Had a look at what you suggested. I'm not afraid of hacking my tablet, but have you tried this? Any risks other than some apps may not work?
Do you install the lineage OS and then install FracPad, or do I have to install Android 6 on top of LineageOS?

I couldn't run FracPad on my V6 Android - kept getting an openGL error on my ASUS Zenpad tablet. After recent upgrade to v7 everything started working - not sure if that's a possibility for you but worth trying if you can upgrade

AlGrenadine and DLC - Had a look at what you suggested. I'm not afraid of hacking my tablet, but have you tried this? Any risks other than some apps may not work?
Do you install the lineage OS and then install FracPad, or do I have to install Android 6 on top of LineageOS?
Lineage os is an android os for tablets where the tablet company doesn't release new versions... It's just a regular android os. Install it then you'll have a more recent Android.
Android 4.2.2 is so so old, you really should buy a new tablet imho... It must be slow as hell and miss memory so it may not be able to run fracpad correctly even with Android 5/6 + installed

Lineage os is an android os for tablets where the tablet company doesn't release new versions... It's just a regular android os. Install it then you'll have a more recent Android.
Android 4.2.2 is so so old, you really should buy a new tablet imho... It must be slow as hell and miss memory so it may not be able to run fracpad correctly even with Android 5/6 + installed

Ok, thanks for the info, Al. Yeah, that tablet came free with a large screen TV we bought a while back. I don't use the tablet much. It would be great if I could use it to switch presets on the Axe at gigs. If it got damaged, it wouldn't be any skin off my ass, you know? But yeah, if it comes down to it, I'd spring for a faster tablet if this little guy can't work fast enough.

Also: Thanks for the tip, faulty!

Hi Al, I downloaded the FracPad demo. I can see the .apk file in "Downloads" but it says "cannot open file".
You say Android 6 recommended. My Samsung SM-T110 tablet has Android 4.2.2 and the updates section says "the latest updates have already been installed". Will I be able to install FracPad on this tablet?
Also you must enable installing from unknown sources

After waffling for way too long (and being PO'd at the selection and pricing of Android tablets on Amazon), I impulse-bought a Packard Bell tablet for $80 at my local grocery store. Comes with a detachable keyboard, Android 7, and literally zero bloatware installed. (If anyone's keeping track of such things, the tablet is a Packard Bell PB1009.)

I just got the FracPad authorization code before breakfast, and have only had time to connect to my XL II+; the whole process was quite smooth.

I really like the options to customize the UI. Ditto the clean but effective presentation, the simple set of gestures used and the intuitive workflow. I'm not a fan of GUIs in general, but this one seems, at first blush, to be one of the good ones. Kudos to Alex!

I have one question, so far: What's the purpose of the "I have an MFC and a MIDI connection" option? Is this literally specific to the MFC, or does it apply to MIDI controllers in general?

Again, thanks. :)

After waffling for way too long (and being PO'd at the selection and pricing of Android tablets on Amazon), I impulse-bought a Packard Bell tablet for $80 at my local grocery store. Comes with a detachable keyboard, Android 7, and literally zero bloatware installed. (If anyone's keeping track of such things, the tablet is a Packard Bell PB1009.)

I just got the FracPad authorization code before breakfast, and have only had time to connect to my XL II+; the whole process was quite smooth.

I really like the options to customize the UI. Ditto the clean but effective presentation, the simple set of gestures used and the intuitive workflow. I'm not a fan of GUIs in general, but this one seems, at first blush, to be one of the good ones. Kudos to Alex!

I have one question, so far: What's the purpose of the "I have an MFC and a MIDI connection" option? Is this literally specific to the MFC, or does it apply to MIDI controllers in general?

Again, thanks. :)
Thanks a lot :)
It's just useful in case you use the mfc101

Back
Top Bottom