FracPad III - the best iOS app you can spend your money on in the App Store - w/GARAGEBAND questions and more!!!!!!

Bought FracPad III but i tried using my iTunes card and it charged my credit card instead
What do i do?

EDIT: i am using garage band with FracPad to record successfully on my iPad Pro!!! Amazing

Its awesome btw

Last edited:
do you get outbound midi messages from that interface cable? e.g. from Control Switch MIDI payload? or is that ONLY via the historic 5 pin Din connectors?

This is pretty cool. I might need to try this with my iPad Pro. I have to admit, I haven't found as many uses for the iPad Pro as I hoped I would. It's not a laptop (or a laptop killer).

Just FYI, changing your post title and the entire original post content after several replies is very confusing...

Better to create a new thread or just add another reply.
You always got something to say, dont you bro?

Lol, jk, i know, but because the nature of what i was trying to get answered changed along with the other paramteers, i wanted to make sure that i wasnt confusing myself, because then how could i explain it to anyone else BESIDES YOU mr smarty pants.... ;)

This is pretty cool. I might need to try this with my iPad Pro. I have to admit, I haven't found as many uses for the iPad Pro as I hoped I would. It's not a laptop (or a laptop killer).
Ian, it TOTALLLY is a laptop killer. The a10x could beat ANY i3, and almost any i5 dual, its up there with i5 quad dude. Look at benchmark comparisons for the iPad Pro 10.5” or the A10X vs lets say i5 quad and see watch the results man, i couldnt beleive my iPad Pro is as strong as my desktop

Lol, jk, i know, but because the nature of what i was trying to get answered changed along with the other paramteers, i wanted to make sure that i wasnt confusing myself, because then how could i explain it to anyone else BESIDES YOU mr smarty pants.... ;)
The problem is that anyone who is new to this thread is going to be extremely confused by the first several responses as they don't know that your OP was about GarageBand on Windows ;)

Al, stop liking everything in this thread ok? Lol jk 😂 😂

Your right unix, if anyone has an idea what i should do to fix it, let me know and I’ll either delete this thread or change the title/op

Ian, it TOTALLLY is a laptop killer. The a10x could beat ANY i3, and almost any i5 dual, its up there with i5 quad dude. Look at benchmark comparisons for the iPad Pro 10.5” or the A10X vs lets say i5 quad and see watch the results man, i couldnt beleive my iPad Pro is as strong as my desktop
It's not processor speed, it's ergonomics and iPadOS. I should say: I'm running the 13.00 beta.

The two-up view doesn't work with many of the apps I care to work with so the one-up view and all its limitations has to suffice.

The Apple keyboard is terrible. It doesn't work on non-flat, non-rigid surfaces. And it's not very durable. I've been through two of them now. Thanksfully Apple keeps replacing them under warranty.

I got a Brydge keyboard for it but that has its own problems. Notable, double pressing the same key seems to fail to register the second key press with iPadOS. The press is sent, but iPadOS appears to have some in-built debouncing that drops the second press that can't be turned off. As a result typing a word like "press" requires you press the "s" key three times, not two. That's annoying.

Mouse support is...meh. It currently doesn't act like a mouse, but like a mouse-controlled finger. That's significantly different from how a mouse behaves on a laptop.

Though it's also totally processor speed because many of the restrictions and ergonomic choices are a result of the A-series chip not quite being a laptop-killing chip, yet. I'm sure there'll be an A12 that will power a full-on laptop from Apple.

It's still very much its own iPad-y thing and nope, not a laptop killer at all.

As an augmentation to my tricked out iMac it's good. But I can't get by without the iMac and just rely on the iPad. And the iPad would never replace my work Macbook in its current form, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom