Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere in the previous 145 pages, I can only do so much. Is there a FracPad build for Windows on ARM? I'm thinking standard Surface and a variety of other random Windows based low power tablets.

Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere in the previous 145 pages, I can only do so much. Is there a FracPad build for Windows on ARM? I'm thinking standard Surface and a variety of other random Windows based low power tablets.
No,windows x86 only

FracPad 3.43 is available :
- AxeFx III firmware 20.00 compatibility
- FM3 5.03 compatibility
- FM9 2.02 compatibility

NB :
the iOS version is delayed. Crapple once again didn't deceive me beeing the world's greediest company : They now force developers to upload apps built against iOS SDK 15, which is only available for XCode 13.x, which is only available on macOS 11.x, which is not available on my Mac mini server. So Crapple really wants users to put their healthy computers to the bin and buy new one every 4 years... Anyway, i've managed to install a macOS 11.x hack on the mac mini and the XCode 13. So if everything goes well, the iOS update should be ready soon...

Pass on this for the FM3. It has bugs and the creator is neither willing nor forthcoming in providing fixes. I was essentially told "yeah yeah I'll get around to it" ages ago regarding an issue with the tuner and treated in a condescending matter, when I stated that here in the thread he freaked out and dm'd me asking me to please "remove my comment, I make money from that thread". Not this time, if you will not service your product when it needs it and are arrogant regarding service then be prepared for bad reviews. Pass. Good idea but not worth $50 as is.
As a developer myself, I can say that one developer maintaining an iOS and Android mobile app like this, is a big job, probably most use several developers, some with Android specific expertise, and others with iOS expertise. There is testing, making sure that all these devices that vary in screen size, pixel density, and available OS functions and ever changing APIs and the app store policies... it's a huge job and this developer for FracPad, @AlGrenadine has done a hell of of a job!

As a developer myself, I can say that one developer maintaining an iOS and Android mobile app like this, is a big job, probably most use several developers, some with Android specific expertise, and others with iOS expertise. There is testing, making sure that all these devices that vary in screen size, pixel density, and available OS functions and ever changing APIs and the app store policies... it's a huge job and this developer for FracPad, @AlGrenadine has done a hell of of a job!
Thanks, yes it's quite complicated sometimes.
Principally on the iOS platform, which sucks in many ways...

probably a dumb question here but would there be any issue using my yamaha MD-BT01(midi over bluetooth) while having my USB cable connected to my Axe Fx III? I wouldn't run Axe Edit at the same time but just curious if there would be any issues to expect in this usage?

probably a dumb question here but would there be any issue using my yamaha MD-BT01(midi over bluetooth) while having my USB cable connected to my Axe Fx III? I wouldn't run Axe Edit at the same time but just curious if there would be any issues to expect in this usage?
It could work, but no guarantee

Srsly? I get that you’ve got a bone with Apple, but I don’t share it. Just trying to figure out which APPLE iPad will work best with YOUR code…
The problem is not my code the problem is which apple device will not break anything when a new iOS version is released ? The answer is none, Crapple continues to release untested iOS versions, break midi communications or other things...
So i don't know, i really don't give any look at apple devices at all, no time to loose with high priced bad devices...
Now if you still wanna stay on iOS, i guess any iPad will work, unless it's an old one (needs to support 64 bits, because Crapple forces 64 bits apps now)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom