Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Been playing with this via MIDI-BT connected to FM9. So far it’s working great. I did find that it stopped making changes back to my FM9 spontaneously one time. I understand FM9 is “experimental” at this point and not totally supported, so no worries.

Question: Is there a manual for FracPad? For example - what is TotalSync in settings and why is it not recommended when using BT? I’d like to learn about all these settings, etc.

Been playing with this via MIDI-BT connected to FM9. So far it’s working great. I did find that it stopped making changes back to my FM9 spontaneously one time. I understand FM9 is “experimental” at this point and not totally supported, so no worries.

Question: Is there a manual for FracPad? For example - what is TotalSync in settings and why is it not recommended when using BT? I’d like to learn about all these settings, etc.
Totalsync polls parameters continuously, like axeedit does. The problem is it can overload the midi bus bandwidth which is pretty low.
So if you don't need fracpad to report frontpanel changes you can deactivate it

FM3 New beta/version everything ..android. ..Yamaha midi wireless. Selecting items from drop down menus is erratic at best. Reverb options seem to work fine for me. Others, not so much. And it's not my fat fingers, as I'm not getting selections anywhere close to what I'm clicking on. Try to click on a Marshall and I get a Suhr or something else (just as a random example) Any ideas?

FM3 New beta/version everything ..android. ..Yamaha midi wireless. Selecting items from drop down menus is erratic at best. Reverb options seem to work fine for me. Others, not so much. And it's not my fat fingers, as I'm not getting selections anywhere close to what I'm clicking on. Try to click on a Marshall and I get a Suhr or something else (just as a random example) Any ideas?
Try the same with a usb midi adapter and check if it works better. If it does then the MD-bt01 needs a firmware update
Or simpler check : use fracpad mac/win version and check if it works correctly with usb connection

Last edited:
Try the same with a usb midi adapter and check if it works better. If it does then the MD-bt01 needs a firmware update
Or simpler check : use fracpad mac/win version and check if it works correctly with usb connection
Thx for tips. I just installed the mac version and ran a physical usb cable to my FM3, running beta 5. The Mac version repeats this behavior on my setup. I havent checked every drop down selection menu obviously, but for the blocks in the factory 59 Bassguy preset, the reverb block is the only dropdown that accurately switches to the intended selection, even using a mouse on the Mac. I'll try to reinstall the beta fm3 and go from there. Oh, my app for the BT-01 wireless adapter reports that I have firmware 1.0.7 and no newer version is available.

Thx for tips. I just installed the mac version and ran a physical usb cable to my FM3, running beta 5. The Mac version repeats this behavior on my setup. I havent checked every drop down selection menu obviously, but for the blocks in the factory 59 Bassguy preset, the reverb block is the only dropdown that accurately switches to the intended selection, even using a mouse on the Mac. I'll try to reinstall the beta fm3 and go from there. Oh, my app for the BT-01 wireless adapter reports that I have firmware 1.0.7 and no newer version is available.
Thanks
Maybe i introduced a regression when adding fm9 compatibility, i'll check

Hi
I couldn't reproduce : tried drive/amp types and they change correctly, can you be more specific on what doesn't work ?
I tried on FracPad III Android version 3.42 (not available publicly yet) with FM3 running 5.00beta and MD-BT01 running firmware 1.04

Last edited:
Thanks for working with me. I'm running FM3 V5.0 beta, FracPad III Android V3.41. MD BT01 running firmware V1.0.7, which is different than yours but that's what the update app pushed to me.

I reinstalled the FM3 beta 5 firmware, and initially thought maybe it helped, but no such luck. Using stock preset '59 Bassguy. On my system(s) (both Android Galaxy Tab & Mac), I am unable to ever select a Matchless DC30 amp type for example. Some others work as expected, but never the DC30. On drive types, I am unable to select any of the Timothy models. Again, some other models seem to work, but the Timothy's never select for me. This behavior exists on both my Android tablet and my Mac. It's consistent across all presets, I'm just using the 59 Bassguy to stay consistent as I test things out. It's not just the DC30 and the Timothy types either, I can recreate on a bunch of different ones (but not all ...).

For kicks, I rolled back the FM3 to V4.01, but kept your most recent FracPad versions on both of my machines. This has fixed the selection issues on both of my machines, and everything is working as it's suppose to, using the "updated" FracPad III software on an "older" FM3 firmware version. Maybe the FM3 beta changes something on my system params, but I'm sure it's not suppose to.

Hope that helps, but at least I've got a workable system now, albeit not using the Beta 5 firmware. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for working with me. I'm running FM3 V5.0 beta, FracPad III Android V3.41. MD BT01 running firmware firmware V1.0.7, which is different than yours but that's what the update app pushed to me.

I reinstalled the FM3 beta 5 firmware, and initially thought maybe it helped, but no such luck. Using stock preset '59 Bassguy. On my system(s) (both Android Galaxy Tab & Mac), I am unable to ever select a Matchless DC30 amp type for example. Some others work as expected, but never the DC30. On drive types, I am unable to select any of the Timothy models. Again, some other models seem to work, but the Timothy's never select for me. This behavior exists on both my Android tablet and my Mac. It's consistent across all presets, I'm just using the 59 Bassguy to stay consistent as I test things out. It's not just the DC30 and the Timothy types either, I can recreate on a bunch of different ones (but not all ...).

For kicks, I rolled back the FM3 to V4.01, but kept your most recent FracPad versions on both of my machines. This has fixed the selection issues on both of my machines, and everything is working as it's suppose to, using the "updated" FracPad III software on an "older" FM3 firmware version. Maybe the FM3 beta changes something on my system params, but I'm sure it's not suppose to.

Hope that helps, but at least I've got a workable system now, albeit not using the Beta 5 firmware. Thanks.
Ok then i guess fracpad 3.42 will fix your problems...
Just waiting for the official releases for the fm9/fm3, hope they will be released this week...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom