Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
they did disappear from Fracpad, not the FM3, anyways it was just a matter of reimporting the preset names to fracpad

Any progress on an update for the tuner not muting the output?
No progress for a simple reason : no time!
You'll be notified when an update will be available ;)

Last edited:
I searched (extensively) but could not find how to reset an amp block channel. It seems this is either stupid easy and I'm just not seeing it...or it doesn't exist😫😂

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks🤘🏻🎸🤘🏻

Thanks but I should have been more clear...

I'm looking to do the reset on FracPad. I guess I just assumed that would've be a given as I posted the question in the FracPad thread.

I most certainly do know how to reset on the III itself, but I got FracPad and bluetooth so I wouldn't have to😃

While I'm here, is there a "time out" on FracPad? Every now and again it just closes/crashes... seemingly after a few minutes of being idle (when playing and not editing).

Though it has crashed during editing come to think of it. Is this a known bug... or?

I'm looking to do the reset on FracPad. I guess I just assumed that would've be a given as I posted the question in the FracPad thread.

I most certainly do know how to reset on the III itself, but I got FracPad and bluetooth so I wouldn't have to😃

While I'm here, is there a "time out" on FracPad? Every now and again it just closes/crashes... seemingly after a few minutes of being idle (when playing and not editing).

Though it has crashed during editing come to think of it. Is this a known bug... or?
Hi, long press on a block opens its context menu (the first start tutorial shows it), then hit reset block ;)
for the crash, it's not normal, see the log to see what happens when it crashes (about window then log button)
And please pm me device details and all reproduction steps ;)

Last edited:
Hi, long press on a block opens its context menu (the first start tutorial shows it), then hit reset block ;)
for the crash, it's not normal, see the log to see what happens when it crashes (about window then log button)
Great thanks!!

Yeah I found the reset just after I posted (by [then] looking at the tutorial...which I didn't do originally😂).
But before, I swear I long pressed and there were some blanks where reset and something else were now magically there.

I'll check the logs next time it happens (all shut down for the night).

One other thing I noticed:
When pressing a knob (set to horizontal slider..actually any orientation) and the slider pops up. I then press the slider to adjust. The slider doesn't move... But the rest of the page underneath does. The slider pops up but you actually press and activate whatever is directly under the slider.

This seems to happen mainly on the outermost (left and right off any given page) knobs...but some in the central area of a page randomly do this as well.

I was going to say you should post this in the correct forum lol. Looks like you have the solution. Something I didn't know could be done with FracPad either. That app is a life-saver.

Yes, with usb
Windows 10 tablet, trying to connect to an FM-3. Tried Bluetooth but learned that is not supported on Windows 10. Tried the USB adapter that came with my tablet but that did not make a connection. Ordered the recommended adapter -- UGREEN Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable On The Go Adapter Male Micro USB to Female USB for Samsung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3, LG G4, DJI Spark Mavic Remote Controller, -- still does not connect. Any guidance?

Windows 10 tablet, trying to connect to an FM-3. Tried Bluetooth but learned that is not supported on Windows 10. Tried the USB adapter that came with my tablet but that did not make a connection. Ordered the recommended adapter -- UGREEN Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable On The Go Adapter Male Micro USB to Female USB for Samsung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3, LG G4, DJI Spark Mavic Remote Controller, -- still does not connect. Any guidance?
It works with usb if you install FractalAudio's drivers

Great thanks!!

Yeah I found the reset just after I posted (by [then] looking at the tutorial...which I didn't do originally😂).
But before, I swear I long pressed and there were some blanks where reset and something else were now magically there.

When pressing a knob (set to horizontal slider..actually any orientation) and the slider pops up. I then press the slider to adjust. The slider doesn't move... But the rest of the page underneath does. The slider pops up but you actually press and activate whatever is directly under the slider.

This seems to happen mainly on the outermost (left and right off any given page) knobs...but some in the central area of a page randomly do this as well.
Just checking to see if there were any ideas on this (the part in bold)?

Great thanks!!

I couldn't reproduce the jump you mentioned... But when you press a knob you shouldn't release your finger, maybe that's why

I couldn't reproduce the jump you mentioned... But when you press a knob you shouldn't release your finger, maybe that's why
Ok yeah.. I see.

I just figured that when the slider popped up, as long as it was still present, you would be able to utilize it.

Is there any chance of it being made to work like that in the future?

I do understand how it currently works and can get by, but what I was running into was: pressing without releasing would have the slider under my finger/hand and therefore blocked from view. By contorting my finger/hand a bit helps, but still not ideal, as it makes the accuracy of the adjustment difficult.. if not even possible.

Have been mainly resorting to pressing set and manually entering the value(s)... Which is more accurate... But more time consuming.

LOL... First world problems eh?

Anyway, overall FracPad is a great tool and I'm very happy with it..so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Ok yeah.. I see.

I just figured that when the slider popped up, as long as it was still present, you would be able to utilize it.

Is there any chance of it being made to work like that in the future?

I do understand how it currently works and can get by, but what I was running into was: pressing without releasing would have the slider under my finger/hand and therefore blocked from view. By contorting my finger/hand a bit helps, but still not ideal, as it makes the accuracy of the adjustment difficult.. if not even possible.

Have been mainly resorting to pressing set and manually entering the value(s)... Which is more accurate... But more time consuming.

LOL... First world problems eh?

Anyway, overall FracPad is a great tool and I'm very happy with it..so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
I'll try but can't ensure i'll be able to get the functionality you request, that is a modal knob/slider, if i understood correctly?

Still a bug with apostrophes in the preset name. I can add the apostrophe now (thanks) but it inserts spaces when displayed on the device itself.

FracPad Screen
IMG_5140.PNG

FM3 Screen
IMG_0151.JPG

If you could look at this whenever you have a chance, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Hello,

FracPad III 3.35
iPad Pro iOS 14.4
MD-BT01 (updated firmware)
AxeFxIIXL Aries 2 & mfc101mkIII

1. I still can not get FracPad to double tap bypass.
If I bypass via mfc101, no changes are shown/made in FracPad either
(FracPad does show changes via mfc101: presents, scenes)
When I double tap in FracPad, it reverts back after a second, and does nothing to the AxeFxIIXL.
I can edit, move blocks, save etc to the axefx.... I just can’t seem to bypass
Selecting Totalsync makes no difference either.
I feel like i’m over looking something simple, perhaps a setting in the AxeFxIIXL? (mfc echo to midi out - on)

2. Realistic UI
All the knobs zero out after a second (amps and drives) without making changes to at axefx.
When I turn realistic UI off, the settings stay.
Note: JCM 800 2204 UI (plexi 2204) is blank
(Extra note: I believe the plexi 2204
is a JMP 800 2204, the Brit 800 is a JCM 800 2204
(JMP later 70’s/JCM early 80’s)

thanks for any help.

Aaron

Attachments

• 5618F7A9-5761-40BA-85F0-5805CF147DA6.png
    5618F7A9-5761-40BA-85F0-5805CF147DA6.png
    441.6 KB · Views: 4
  • B8B7397D-C39E-426D-8165-07B5BCDDF970.png
    B8B7397D-C39E-426D-8165-07B5BCDDF970.png