Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi Al, just wanted to confirm- I have version 1.25 that I was using for my Axe Fx II. I'm assuming this can't be upgraded for my new FM3 and I need to go to the app store to download and start fresh. Is that correct? Thanks!

Hi Al, just wanted to confirm- I have version 1.25 that I was using for my Axe Fx II. I'm assuming this can't be upgraded for my new FM3 and I need to go to the app store to download and start fresh. Is that correct? Thanks!
Hi
Yes, you need FracPad III for gen3 devices ;)
Be sure to check the connection options for the fm3

Update: Al was right. I was wrong. Apparently, my iPad Pro 10.5 had some issue and I got a new ipad and let me tell you, from the preliminary load up i did with Al’s very generous and complimentary offer on allowing me to try to get it to run on my new system (he felt bad that I ended up out 800 bucks probably lol, j/k) but let me just say I think I prefer using FracPad III to any and all other methods to tweaking or adjusting my Axe

The programming is perfect, but what I love the most is the ability to use the pencil and keyboard like its just perfect - i dont know why, but Fractal should hire Al exclusively for Mac App work....this is incredible software, and i just scratched the surface, more in depth review to come

So i am going to delete that post above because that was not the software at all!....thanks again Al!

An FM3 and/or AxeFx III (sequentially, of course XD)
It should work if it is recognized as a regular midi device on the Android system, which i doubt, or if you find an app to make the bridge and let it be considered as a regular midi device for the system...
Butbi can't see the advantage over a md-bt01

It should work if it is recognized as a regular midi device on the Android system, which i doubt, or if you find an app to make the bridge and let it be considered as a regular midi device for the system...
Butbi can't see the advantage over a md-bt01

Thanks for the answer! Not really an expert on this so maybe I'm bitting marketing's bait, but apparently it works on Bluetooth 5 vs. 4 and nativelly supports Android (Yamaha advertises iOS support only as far as I've seen).

I think you can downgrade to iOS 14.1
I’ll look into that but last time I tried to do this, it wanted a full backup pre-update to be available. While I check, do you have a guide or manual? Want to see how to connect the Roland UM-One to the FM3 and iPad and make sure things are configured correctly.

I’ll look into that but last time I tried to do this, it wanted a full backup pre-update to be available. While I check, do you have a guide or manual? Want to see how to connect the Roland UM-One to the FM3 and iPad and make sure things are configured correctly.
No, just connect it to midi ports and to your iPad, launch fracpad and select the um-one in midi ports if not connecting automatically

Back
Top Bottom